Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual guide: How to fill out a Form 1 using EFORMS

Feedback Score
    Just got a email from Ted, mine was denied. I'm actually, now I know how to fill this out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skt4271 View Post
    Just got a email from Ted, mine was denied. I'm actually, now I know how to fill this out.
    After you get it resubmitted, follow these instructions.

Feedback Score
    Just got done re submitting, can't believe I messed that up the first time.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    When using my Trust, which has been created, notarized, witnessed, I see there is a sheet at the end where I can add things to the trust, assignment sheet it is called. It appears it too requires witnesses signatures and notarization.

Do I have to use it? I'm getting mixed messages.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    When using my Trust, which has been created, notarized, witnessed, I see there is a sheet at the end where I can add things to the trust, assignment sheet it is called. It appears it too requires witnesses signatures and notarization.

Do I have to use it? I'm getting mixed messages.
    Do you have to use it? Or do you have to include it with the copy of the trust you send to the ATF?

I'd say the answer is "yes" to both. Whether yours uses a Schedule A/B/C or Assignment of Property pages, or whatever...they want to see it all.

However, I will say that I've never sent an updated copy of my Schedule A. The thirteen submissions I've done in the last year or so simply show $200 cash as the only property. 9 have been approved, and 4 still pending. However, there is an current updated copy with my trust at home.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Waylan....thank you for your excellent work here.

I had my trust notarized and witnessed, dated, all kosher.

Then I got home and saw the assignment page, requiring witnesses and dates and so forth, so I'm wondering if I've already blown the trust paperwork.

Should I have had the Assignment Page dated, signed and witness together with the rest of the Trust, the main body of the Trust.

Do I put my lower I'm submitting to the ATF on it? Or just show I put some money into the trust?

I'm picking up my lower this afternoon and would love to get the Form 1 eFile process rolling with your excellent instructions, but ... got caught up short by this "Assignment" page.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Then I got home and saw the assignment page, requiring witnesses and dates and so forth, so I'm wondering if I've already blown the trust paperwork.

Should I have had the Assignment Page dated, signed and witness together with the rest of the Trust, the main body of the Trust.

Do I put my lower I'm submitting to the ATF on it? Or just show I put some money into the trust?
    IANAL, and all the other disclaimers pertinent to this discussion.

In almost all cases (as I have to assume there's an exception somewhere), a trust is not valid unless it's funded. Meaning it can't be empty. Most people initially fund theirs with something simple like a $1 bill. That's because it's inexpensive and has a serial number.

I've never dealt with one that has Assignment pages, so I'm not able to answer some of those questions. My Schedule A simply says "$200 cash". No serial number, no date, no signature, no witnesses, no notary stamp...but that's how my trust is written.

You can fund the trust with the lower if you want. I've just never added one until after it was approved, since I had the cash initially in there. Some people do that with a note of "pending approval", but there's nothing wrong with putting a non-NFA item in the trust (unless there's verbiage in your trust prohibiting it).

The remainder of the questions are things I would've cleared up with my lawyer...but I'm not sure if you used one or did it online.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 09-04-14 at 14:07.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    OK, thanks, I understand the situation better now.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    This is a stickied thread. I have just removed unneeded posts from it. We hold threads like this to a higher standard, and there needs to be a lot less bickering and eye-rolling. You know who you are, so stop doing it.

Let's keep this resource on track.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Just submitted my Form 1 and the forms were all approved/accepted by ATF for processing. Wish me luck!

Hope it goes through quickly, and hope I didn't screw something up on it.

This guide was tremendously helpful.

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast