Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual guide: How to fill out a Form 1 using EFORMS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Filed my first e-file form 1 yesterday after reading tutorial. Went smooth, no issues at all. Thanks for the information.
    Kevin Williams
    LMS Defense
    Instructor, Pacific Northwest
    kevinwilliams@lmsdefense.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Great thread. Just submitted for my first SBR. For some reason when I submitted the first time, it showed "DRAFT" on the left hand side. I went back and signed again and now it shows "SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS". Why did it show DRAFT the first time? Maybe something got hung up on their servers? Either way, I think I'm in good shape and hopefully turnaround times aren't too bad.

Feedback Score
    Not sure on that one. But since it shows SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS now, you're good.

Just a reminder...if you ever go back in and view your form and end up with a duplicate (new) DRAFT copy, do not delete it. This happens if you add an attachment after you submit, and for other various/unknown reasons. I still have four copies of approved forms sitting in my Draft folder.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes don't delete it, but even if you do your form is still processed with no delay.

Rick

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This is an absolutely great tutorial, BigWaylon. I used it tonight to submit two forms. I have been looking this tutorial over for a while now, but I still used it step by step on the first form and everything went smoothly. I got through with no stoppages, and I use Firefox.

I cruised through the second form on my own with no problems, but I did get a yellow alert box and research pending response email. I imagine that this stems from the model and caliber of my lower not being present in their respective drop down menus. I am confident that the pic I attached will support my submitted values, because the options were wrong. I know for a fact that I was submitting a form for a "5.56MM Defender 2000" and not a "22 Defendeder 2000", and there were more wrong options than that. I assume that this means that those have been submitted by someone, incorrectly.

I appreciate you taking the time to document this process so well. Good job, buddy.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    By attaching the pic it should sail right through. I've had to check the box a couple times and add my own info. It's usually handled the next day. You will get another email saying it's gone to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS, so you'll know as soon as it happens (especially since you won't be able to log in most of the day tomorrow to check).

After you get the first one done, the next ones are <10 minutes assuming the servers are working properly. I actually do most of mine from my iPhone, and only log in from my laptop to upload my attachments.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 01-27-15 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I also had an issue on the second form when I went to pay. It kicked me out to the home page after processing for a few minutes. I had everything saved up to that point, so I went right back to my form and it accepted payment with no problem the second time. All in all, I feel that eForms worked well and didn't give me many problems. I had waited so long to attempt to file a form so maybe the bugs would be worked out for the most part. I am satisfied, so far, with this strategy. After I receive approval for my forms, I will be completely satisfied.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I also had an issue on the second form when I went to pay. It kicked me out to the home page after processing for a few minutes. I had everything saved up to that point, so I went right back to my form and it accepted payment with no problem the second time. All in all, I feel that eForms worked well and didn't give me many problems. I had waited so long to attempt to file a form so maybe the bugs would be worked out for the most part. I am satisfied, so far, with this strategy. After I receive approval for my forms, I will be completely satisfied.
    Service with a smile from BATFE. What's next? I'm waiting for the locusts....

I have a hunch your tech issue and mine are due to their servers being overloaded with all of our requests before the new proposed rules kick in. Living in Texas, I probably didn't need to squeeze my request in during the rush as the rumor is Texas will pass a "shall sign" rule for CLEO, but I figured better safe than sorry.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My CLEO will sign already, but it is much easier and I much prefer to use a Trust anyway. I did notice that even though I filed one and then immediately started the next one, there was a number in between my form numbers.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I received notification this morning that my form that was pending research is now submitted/in process. So, don't be discouraged if you receive the same response following the submission of your form. Just like all ATF forms, make sure that the information you input is correct, and if there is any question, submit a picture to illustrate the data that may be in question.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast