Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual guide: How to fill out a Form 1 using EFORMS

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    IANAL, and all the other disclaimers pertinent to this discussion.

In almost all cases (as I have to assume there's an exception somewhere), a trust is not valid unless it's funded. Meaning it can't be empty. Most people initially fund theirs with something simple like a $1 bill. That's because it's inexpensive and has a serial number.

I've never dealt with one that has Assignment pages, so I'm not able to answer some of those questions. My Schedule A simply says "$200 cash". No serial number, no date, no signature, no witnesses, no notary stamp...but that's how my trust is written.

You can fund the trust with the lower if you want. I've just never added one until after it was approved, since I had the cash initially in there. Some people do that with a note of "pending approval", but there's nothing wrong with putting a non-NFA item in the trust (unless there's verbiage in your trust prohibiting it).

The remainder of the questions are things I would've cleared up with my lawyer...but I'm not sure if you used one or did it online.
    First, thanks for the info. I had questions similar to ptmccain's. I see your trust is set up different so if anyone has dealt with this please chime in.

I have a trust with assignment pages as well. So the way I understand it, I can submit the trust without those pages. If/when it comes back approved I would simply go and addthe lower to the trust assignment page? Or would I somehow be in possession of an illegal NFA item seeing as the now SBR lower isnt actually part of the trust for a day or so?

Im sure there is an obvious answer but its late and I'm new to the NFA haha. Also my trust does show funding of $10.

ETA: I just read through the posts again. I think im in the same boat as ptmccain. Mine is funded as well so I should be ok to submit the Eform and add the lower after approval
    Last edited by tostado22; 09-07-14 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Question: The only way I'll know if my Form was approved is when I get an email from the ATF with the tax stamp, correct?

Or does something change/happen with the info on my "submitted" form on the ATF eForm site?

12 business days and counting here since eForm 1 submission earlier this month.

Feedback Score
    You should get an email. However, some report they don't...or maybe a spam filter gets it.

I believe this is your first one, right? So you have a SUBMITTED branch in the tree on the Home Page. You may also have a DRAFT branch. When your form is processed, you'll either notice an APPROVED (hopefully) or DISAPPROVED branch has been added.

At that point you can view the form and either print it or save it.

There's a chance that when it's approved, it'll have the DRAFT watermark across it, along with the stamp and signature. It happened to all five of my EForms. Nobody knows why. You just have to email them (or use Ask The Experts) and they'll correct it.

Just a note...there are several actions you can take that will create a duplicate copy of your form again in the DRAFT folder. DO NOT delete those if it happens. Just leave them me. I have Draft copies of four Approved forms that will just sit there forever.

The current ones I've seen are running 25-35 days, so you still have a couple weeks.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Thanks for the quick response, yes, at this point I have both the "draft" branch and the "submitted" branch on the "tree" on the Home Page.

Feedback Score
    Although I know that sometimes the discussions turn into arguments, I added a section at the bottom of the Visual Guide to address engraving requirements.

Feedback Score
    worked like a charm, i got approved today.

8.5 300 blk
    noveske uppr lowr
    hiperfire trigg
    optic (undecided)

Feedback Score
    thanks for the guide. I used it to fill out a form 1 this afternoon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you for this guide I used it and received my approved form 1 today. I have been putting off building an sbr for awhile but you explained everything in detail and I did it. I am glad I did, thank you very much.

Feedback Score
    Glad it's still working for y'all. I actually looked back through it when I filed one back on 10/10...first one since Jan.

Feedback Score
    Well I submitted my eform1 today and after I submitted it I realized I fat fingerd the serial number.... In the process of trying to get it canx now so I can resubmit it! argh.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast