Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to select a plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Velocity systems is a sister company of mayflower.

Their lwpc is a slick light weight design. The pc has been stripped of the molle webbing to save weight. It's designed for use with a chest rig. I used mayflowers chest rig with the swift clip kit.

I have a multicam lwpc for sale currently in the classifieds.

[/sales pitch]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endur View Post
    For your price range, I would go with:

The Tyr Tactical GPC - http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...e-carrier-gpc/

Or

The Tyr Tactical BPC - http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...e-carrier-bpc/

Or

The Tyr Tactical Pico low-vis - http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/...w-vis-carrier/

Never seen this company before. Their stuff looks good though. I like the low visibility stuff and their battle belts
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    I checked out the LPAC. It does look legit. Right now it's only 5 dollars cheaper than the other though. And for five bucks I figured I may as well get the MOLLE. Only because I can slap on other mag pouches from my other rigs if I want to move stuff over or do a different style then the d3. It says that one is going away though I guess it's not available anymore. I have looked at some of the other brands you guys named and between the opinions about this company and the reviews on the site I am really leaning towards the APC right now. More reading to do though for sure. The LMAC and the Plateminus look pretty good too though.

I was thinking of picking up a type of battle belt also to train off of. I was wondering if you guys run those with your plate carriers pretty well. I trained from just right off my cobra belt for the past couple summers. With long days out shooting though that get's kinda tiresome. How do the plate carriers used with battle belts work out? Are there any problems as far as things getting in the way and such?
    Depends on what you're wearing. My Velocity Operator's Utility Belt complements my APC very well.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    Never seen this company before. Their stuff looks good though. I like the low visibility stuff and their battle belts
    I have quite a few things from them and they are probably the highest quality gear I have used, and great prices to go with. I was referred to them from another member on here and I am glad they did.

As for battle belts, ICE makes a really nice one but good luck getting them to ship after you buy. They have improved slightly but they used to be horrendous. The TYR low profile brokos belt looks awesome. The BFG is used by a lot on here and is GTG as well. Check out the first line gear thread and see what options are out there.
    Last edited by Endur; 02-20-14 at 23:25.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Trying to select a plate carrier.

BFG PlateMinus - L or XL Wolf Grey. Meets the needs of what you want it to do low profile & concealment. Run some matching pouches from BFG which is also low profile. I've ran some other slick LPACs Mayflower & LBT and I truly think that the BFG PlateMinus and Crye JPC are the bees knees for low profile work. Id sell the HSP D3 and go lighter.

Thin is in. You'll thank me later.
    Last edited by l8apex; 02-20-14 at 23:59.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    CRYE JPC if you want MOLLE. LPAC or similar if you don't. I'd get integral soft armor for sure, especially on the sides.

Does anyone know which low pro carrier it is that has mag pouches inside the side panels? I can't remember.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    CRYE JPC if you want MOLLE. LPAC or similar if you don't. I'd get integral soft armor for sure, especially on the sides.

Does anyone know which low pro carrier it is that has mag pouches inside the side panels? I can't remember.
    If you mean in the cummerbund, both Mayflower and BFG have methods to do it.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    SO MANY OPTIONS. Lighter and low profile does sound nice. You don't enjoy the D3 weight? Why is that? Just curious. I love all the different opinions. All of them help. Also does the BFG Plateminus not use a cummerbund? Checking out their site now
    Last edited by St.Michael; 02-21-14 at 08:08.
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    There are so many good PC's out there. All the above are well worth the money, likewise with belts. With belts and PC's, you really can't go wrong with low profile. I run a LBT 6094 with a TYR gunfighter belt. Good luck with your selection.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Are you running the original shoulder straps with the Plateminus? THey look thinner than the other ones that have been talked about.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast