Thread: Crossbreed holster

Feedback Score

Crossbreed holster

Has anyone tried to mount a crossbreed ohai holster in a tac vest pouch? How secure is it

Feedback Score
    I have several ohai holsters. A couple for my j-frames and a couple for my HK P2000sk. I have mounted them inside an Eagle attache bag, a Kifaru Koala bag, and a Tactical Tailor concealed carry pouch (molle mounted on an HSGI Warlord V-4 chest rig). I have been very happy with how solid the ohais worked in these cases. The leather backing of the ohai is good and stiff...they work best mounted inside a pouch with some "structure" or a rigid velcro panel (like the Tactical Tailor CC pouch). The ohai holds the guns reasonably securely, but you'll want the pouch or bag that you mount it inside to have a closure flap or zippers/snaps you can use to secure the gun better (in case you're upside down).
    Last edited by CommO; 07-16-14 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been considering getting one for inside my Maxpedition bag. I've heard nothing but good things

Feedback Score
    Used one for about 2 years, works great for an IWB setup. Don't get the horse hide, it might resist sweat better but it is way less comfortable than the traditional cow leather.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfried View Post
    Used one for about 2 years, works great for an IWB setup. Don't get the horse hide, it might resist sweat better but it is way less comfortable than the traditional cow leather.
    Agreed. Have the horse hide, myself. Fantastic holster, but the cow hide is more comfy. Mine squeaks too, but not sure if the cow hide would make a difference there.

Feedback Score
    Just FYI...the OP was asking about the Crossbreed OHAI holster, which is neither IWB nor OWB. The OHAI has a kydex outer body attached to a leather "panel". The back of the leather has "hook" Velcro permanently affixed to it so that one can stick it to the "pile" Velcro found in many concealed carry bags and briefcases.