Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to select a plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msap View Post
    There are so many good PC's out there. All the above are well worth the money, likewise with belts. With belts and PC's, you really can't go wrong with low profile. I run a LBT 6094 with a TYR gunfighter belt. Good luck with your selection.
    Damn those LBTs are a bit too much for me! lol They look nice though
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    The Mayflower APC is very similar to the 6094. One of my assistant TL's wears one. I would say the APC is the most bang for your $$. It has some really nice built in features.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by St.Michael View Post
    SO MANY OPTIONS. Lighter and low profile does sound nice. You don't enjoy the D3 weight? Why is that? Just curious. I love all the different opinions. All of them help. Also does the BFG Plateminus not use a cummerbund? Checking out their site now
    D3 is a nice piece of kit, however if you want to go low profile as much as possible you will be better served with the BFG or Crye or something similar. D3 has too many pockets for a low profile kit even though it's regarded to be low profile - but it can be done with a large enough jacket for concealment. See the below link review for a set up that I similarly run. I am personally ok with not running a cumberbund CONUS and prefer a true low profile no nonsense set up. I really don't know how some run full kits with armor [some without armor :/] in classes / training that aren't planning a OCONUS deployment or have a direct action role SWAT / Metro set ups. YMMV.

http://monderno.com/gear-reviews/blu...ar-plateminus/
    Last edited by l8apex; 02-21-14 at 11:54.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    D3 is a nice piece of kit, however if you want to go low profile as much as possible you will be better served with the BFG or Crye or something similar. D3 has too many pockets for a low profile kit even though it's regarded to be low profile - but it can be done with a large enough jacket for concealment. See the below link review for a set up that I similarly run. I am personally ok with not running a cumberbund CONUS and prefer a true low profile no nonsense set up. I really don't know how some run full kits with armor [some without armor :/] in classes / training that aren't planning a OCONUS deployment or have a direct action role SWAT / Metro set ups. YMMV.

Interesting. I do like that very low profile set up. The wife giggles at me as I sit here trying to figure out which way I am going
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    I really don't know how some run full kits with armor [some without armor :/] in classes / training that aren't planning a OCONUS deployment or have a direct action role SWAT / Metro set ups. YMMV.

I don't see why so many people take issue with this.

They wear it for the same reason every army training event is conducted while wearing body armor. Whether or not you'll wear it, might as well get use to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAmmo View Post

They wear it for the same reason every army training event is conducted while wearing body armor. Whether or not you'll wear it, might as well get use to it

True. Mine as of now is going to be used simply for safety. I personally feel that if I am going to invest all this money into the hobby may as well take every step to ensure safety. Especially since I don't know every person who shoots at my club. It's also not a terrible thing to get use to should you need it someday in a shtf type situation.
    Last edited by St.Michael; 02-21-14 at 16:04.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    not sure if mentioned already Beat Up PC from Elite Defense

I only got a TAG Banshee.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAmmo View Post

I really don't issue with it, rather I'd like to know the 'why' behind it especially in a non-DA LPAC role. If the goal is low profile, concealment and you go out in full kit like your going to be deployed in Durkadukastan I would believe that it's counterproductive to what one is trying to achieve. Mission dictates load out - I'm sure we would all agree Army/AF etc. vs. Civy roles are quite different. When I wore a full kit full time, there was never a time that I thought heavier was better. The light bulb went off for me when training & running with a slimmed down kit.

Let me clarify that I do use armor and encourage for others during most training. Full kit = full load out vs. LPAC or 'Slick'. We are really saying the same thing, just defining terms differently.
    Last edited by l8apex; 02-21-14 at 16:17.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    take a look at Specter Gear line of carriers. they have a couple different types for armor plates and chest rigs. I use there gear and it fits well and the price it under $200.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Ok guys I have decided to pick up a PC from Condor Tactical. Lots of guys on this site like em so yea. BHAHAHA. Even as I typed that I was lulz.

Srsly. Lots of options still checking all these out. Been really giving a lot of though to my mission specifics too. Since mine is to be as low profile as possible I am trying to look at each pc in that manner.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast