Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to select a plate carrier.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Depends on if you want to run soft armor with more coverage or just plates or icw plates.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Completely agree with Caeser25. Please also bear in mind that the Mayflower (the APC, I think) holds ceramic plates and will only hold the shooter's cut style and not the 10" by 12" square cut. Please make sure that whatever armor you get is compatible with the carrier. I was fortunate enough to be able to have visited the Velocity Systems retail location and try the gear on before I purchased.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb3 View Post
    Completely agree with Caeser25. Please also bear in mind that the Mayflower (the APC, I think) holds ceramic plates and will only hold the shooter's cut style and not the 10" by 12" square cut. Please make sure that whatever armor you get is compatible with the carrier. I was fortunate enough to be able to have visited the Velocity Systems retail location and try the gear on before I purchased.
    Damn thanks for clearing that up. I have shooters cut plates.

EDIT: Decided it's between the Plateminus or the Mayflower. I spoke to someone at BFG and the PM2 is coming out in a few months so I might just wait to see how that one compares. Check some reviews when they hit and see. I love the plateminus I just don't know if i wanna sport that ten speed stuff. Especially since I have a full chest set up with individual mag holders already from skd.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by St.Michael; 03-03-14 at 11:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Has anyone seen 5.11s New pc?

Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    SKD Tactical just released a new one today. I would recommend looking at that.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That new skd looks good. Ill probably go with whats already out and been tested by you guys though.

F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    I'm away at TCC but when I get back I will post pics of the STT.

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Nice thanks!

F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    I have been thinking about picking up the PIG BRIG systema. It's cheap, streamlined and seems like for a civi, it dose'nt get more lowprofile that that with a 3 or 4 mag holder attachable.

Anyone ver use one of these or have thoughts on them? I have a 4mag chest rig system with the kiwi and think its very streamlined and efficient.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast