Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Keymod Accessory Options

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Keymod Accessory Options

OK fellas, I just picked up one of the BCM KMR Uppers. This is my first foray into keymod. It took me a while to warm up to the idea, but the KMR resolved a lot of the issues I had with other KM designs, primarily the attachment method and inclusion of KM on the 45s. I've got a KAC QD mount on the way and will be using a short picatinny rail section for my light. What I'm curious about is who is currently offering a good variety of keymod accessories and what's currently in the development pipeline? I'm specifically interested in VFGs, handstops and light mounts, but I'm also curious about accessory options & development as well. I've not spent a lot of time trying to keep up with every company under the Sun, so I'd like to know what you guys see coming down the pipe?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ^Beat me to it.

Here a good list of items. Running the Thorntail for the HSP/WML

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...eywords=keymod
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I've been looking at the IWC offerings, but haven't seen much else. I'd really like to see the handstop with a more ergonomic design. Are there any other options out there?

Feedback Score
    Since you ordered the Knights Armament QD, then you are probably aware of their extensive line of KM accessories.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/keymod/

IWC/Mount-N-Slot has a great QD, and as mentioned, they make the favorably reviewed Thorntail KM light mounting system. They also have a handstop that can be run forwards or backwards.
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...eywords=keymod

Eric Kincel created the KeyMod standard, and he now works for BCM. He developed the KMR right down to its clever cross bolt design.

He also designed a KM VFG-S, which is about 7 weeks out from being available. It requires no tools to attach and spins on and off in seconds. There are a few videos out there showing the pre-texture version in action at SHOT Show.

BCM also has both aluminum and polymer Picatinny sections that have a very nice taper at both ends to keep them from snagging gear or skin. You can get them in 5, 7, and 9 slot sizes.

I imagine that we will be seeing more BCM KM accessories designed by Eric in the future that have yet to be announced.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    my noveske nsr just got here, looking for good options for it too.

Feedback Score
    Impact weapons components where I got my keymod QD sling rail mount, Thorntail light mount, and handstop. As well as vickers 2-1 sling setup and iwc QD reciever plate. Excellent machining and fast shipping.

Feedback Score
    How do you like the thorntail light mount vs mounting the light at the 9 or 12 position?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Geissele needs to make this in keymod!
    http://geissele.com/surefire-scout-light-mount-kit.html
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Thorntail makes a mount for the scout

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast