Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Latest Build: BCM, Geissele, Noveske, Centurion Goodness

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennym View Post
    Definitely. Any chance you'll ever shoot it past 100?
    Yeah I'll stretch it out past 100 this summer.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Great choices on your build all around. I'd enjoy reading your thoughts on the factors that led you to select the Geissele Mk IV KeyMod rail over other similar rails such as the BCM KMR13.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunBugBit View Post
    Great choices on your build all around. I'd enjoy reading your thoughts on the factors that led you to select the Geissele Mk IV KeyMod rail over other similar rails such as the BCM KMR13.
    Thanks for the compliments. I chose the Geissele for a couple reasons. The number one reason was familiarity with the bomb proof design that Geissele made. I've used the rails before and they made an impression.

The second reason was that I received a really good deal on the rail because I bought other components from the same source and they put it together for me. They told me they could slap a new BCM rail on there but I declined due to reason number 3.

Number three, I have used Geissele rails in the past and I was simply amazed how easy it was to remove and install the rail. I know that it is not meant to be QD for a barrel change but it is great to have that capability. I like the versatility.

Number four, I liked the standard rails at 3 and 9 o'clock. I know some people hate that Geissele did that, but I have a couple x300's that need a home. I did not like the idea of having a light attachment that attached to a KeyMod slot, that attached to a light, so going with the standard rail solved that issue.

Number five, the Geissele looks better. Aesthetics are subjective and I know that looks mean nil.

This build was somewhat of an experiment on new features and I was skeptical of the KeyMod at first. I jumped into the Geissele head first because I knew that they make great gear and it would be done right. That being said, I'm sure the BCM is a great rail as well.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I like this alot.I think if I decide to build another rifle it'll be similar to this

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments. I chose the Geissele for a couple reasons...
    Thank you for your very thorough answer. This is good info for me as I contemplate a build of my own.

Street corners, but I move from time to time, pushing my cart to different locations
    Feedback Score
    Nice rig! Makes me want to switch up my setup now. I got a 14.5 that was ready to be pin and welded. I might have to reconsider

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    subscribing to anyone with a BE Meyer.

I'm curious how it has been working out for you. How many rounds have you fired so far. Would you still recommend it?

I have one but, less than 500 rounds---maybe 200, lost count. Like it so far, have not tested it night yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    13 (93%)
    Beautiful build man.
    Instagram @wtm5569

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Edit: Wrong Rifle
    Last edited by Rekkr870; 09-04-14 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    I have a MK4 on the way and a long flash suppressor. I wish I ordered a barrel shorter than 16" now. Damn this thing looks good.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast