Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Build: BCM, Geissele, Noveske, Centurion Goodness

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Nice looking rig. If I recall the WO specs on those uppers, they have mid-length gas systems. Kinda curious if they're ammo sensitive with the shorter barrel length in front of the gas port than on a 14.5 middy gun.
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronFitz View Post
    Nice looking rig. If I recall the WO specs on those uppers, they have mid-length gas systems. Kinda curious if they're ammo sensitive with the shorter barrel length in front of the gas port than on a 14.5 middy gun.
    Yes, it's a 13.7" Middy. I'm running an H buffer. So far it has cycled, AE .223 55gr, XM193F, Black Hills 69gr OTM, and Tulammo 55gr.

I haven't had any problems; the bolt locks back on all of the ammunition stated. Considering I'll mostly be running Black Hills or PPU 75gr OTM, I should be OK. The Tula was a function test more or less.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Nice looking rig.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nice build, would be a very mobile urban precision type rig.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpack45 View Post
    Nice build, would be a very mobile urban precision type rig.
    Thanks. I'll admit, that was kind of the idea behind this rifle. Something handy yet, accurate. I'm no DEVGRU operator; I'll only be taking shots between 0-500m in my area.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Nice build! Quality parts

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Why the iron sights with the scope on a screw off mount? GH

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Why the iron sights with the scope on a screw off mount? GH
    Iron sights are always a must IMO. I'm not a huge fan of QD mounts in general for optics, or anything else for that matter. I got a great deal on the optic with the mount.I keep a wrench on me and it probably takes 10 seconds for me to remove the optic.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damn sweet rig!! Nice job. I like the idea of going with the shortest possible barrel for a compact precision type rifle.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsden11 View Post
    Damn sweet rig!! Nice job. I like the idea of going with the shortest possible barrel for a compact precision type rifle.
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast