Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Model "Hackathorn Special"!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    Possibly a Sparks #1AT. Hasn't been cataloged in a LONG time, but I believe they will still make them as a special order... or when guys like Hackathorn want one.
    I've watched the video repeatedly trying to identify the holster. It does appear that Ken worn the Sparks 1AT-RT holster in that video. I saw a quick flash of the adjusting screw which is unique to the holster.

The fine people at Sparks still make the 1AT and the revised 1AT-RT. The latter is molded tighter, modified belt tunnel to allow the holster to be pulled closer to the body for better concealment. It has a 10 degree forward cant to compromise between draw speed and concealment. The traditional 1AT has 22-24 degree cant.

Both holsters can be ordered and will appear in their catalog when their website redo is completed.

Pictures and captions below courtesy of Tony Kanaley (owner of Milt Sparks holsters):

1AT-RT lined and basket stamped, 10 degree cant

1AT-RT unlined and molded 10 degree cant

1AT-RT 3 piece rig lined with basket stamp, 10 degree cant and resurected 1DC mag pouch.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Milt Sparks makes damn good leather. I need to order another VM2 and #60TK or I-BAK for my 1911.
    Last edited by Vandal; 12-28-15 at 00:58.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I've watched the video repeatedly trying to identify the holster. It does appear that Ken worn the Sparks 1AT-RT holster in that video. I saw a quick flash of the adjusting screw which is unique to the holster.

The fine people at Sparks still make the 1AT and the revised 1AT-RT. The latter is molded tighter, modified belt tunnel to allow the holster to be pulled closer to the body for better concealment. It has a 10 degree forward cant to compromise between draw speed and concealment. The traditional 1AT has 22-24 degree cant.

Both holsters can be ordered and will appear in their catalog when their website redo is completed.

Pictures and captions below courtesy of Tony Kanaley (owner of Milt Sparks holsters):

1AT-RT lined and basket stamped, 10 degree cant

1AT-RT unlined and molded 10 degree cant

1AT-RT 3 piece rig lined with basket stamp, 10 degree cant and resurected 1DC mag pouch.
    Cool! I did not know they made them anymore. Guess I'll call 1/2/16 to order one ... Maybe two.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Guess I'll call 1/2/16 to order one ... Maybe two.
    They won't be there on the 2nd, how dare they take the Saturday after the New Year off. This will be back in the shop on 1/4.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Neat. Thanks guys!

After seeing the gun LAV made for Hackathorn in the VickersGuide 1911 book, I have to admit some curiosity about whether or not Wilson is set-up to do the "P210-type" cocking serrations and if that's one thing that would separate this Wilson gun from what might perhaps be Ken's "ultimate" 1911.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    They won't be there on the 2nd, how dare they take the Saturday after the New Year off. This will be back in the shop on 1/4.
    My bad and thoughtless of me. That's what happens when you are retired and one day seems like the next.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Cool! I did not know they made them anymore. Guess I'll call 1/2/16 to order one ... Maybe two.
    Another necro:

Did you ever get those holsters ordered?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    A little techno challenged so I hope this comes through.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    A little techno challenged so I hope this comes through.
    Looks good to me.

Thanks!
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456