Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Model "Hackathorn Special"!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've been eyeing this gun up since my buddy told me about it last week. Ken is definitely a legend and this is exactly what Ken should have his signature on. It's a little out of my price range but maybe Ken will let me shoot his this summer!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Now thats a build I could like, do it with Giraffe bone plates and am bi-safety and of course in 38 super, and I would start looking to thin the heard for it !!!!!!!
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Outstanding pistols. I normally like blank slides, but I love the font of the Wilson Combat text. I usually prefer no FCS as well but, again, the abbreviated FCS on the blued version appeal to me.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Very sexy. I really like the font on the Wilson logo.
    Agreed.

I also like the shortened forward cocking serrations on the blued pistol. That's coming from a guy that genuinely hates them on most other 1911's. Well done Wilson Combat!
    Last edited by tuck; 02-25-14 at 17:45. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    WilsonCombatRep and Sam - thank you both for the information.

I miss Chuck as well. A refined and elegant 1911 seems to particularly remind me of him.

Good luck with the pistols, they are very nice.

Feedback Score
    Damn. That looks damn near perfect.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm normally not a fan of FCS either, but I could definitely overlook them on that pistol. Very very nice! No rail either, which is a plus in my book too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm really digging the blued version as its very much along the lines of a retroish project I was considering having Mr Burton do. Very nice though my taste is more for some deeply grained smooth wood grips.
    Last edited by RD62; 02-26-14 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those are beauties. I'd love to own a Hackathorn model Wilson; I feel very lucky to have trained under him and one of those would be a hell of a tribute and a workhorse to boot.
    Full disclosure: I'm the editor of Calibre Magazine, which is Canada's gun magazine. In the past I've done consulting work for different manufacturers and OEM suppliers, but not currently. M4C's disclosure policy doesn't seem to cover me but we do have advertisers, although I don't handle that side of things and in general I do not know who is paying us at any given time.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast