Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New Model "Hackathorn Special"!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ken lives in Idaho.
    There is a lot of open carry out there but more so on the range (not the gun range) not so much in town.
    I rarely see Ken with anything but a 9MM when we shoot unless we are shooting something unusual. Mainly G17 or a 1911 in 9MM.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Yeah, he makes it clear in the video 9mm for practice, 45 for carry
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That first picture in the first post has me looking at my checking account balance.
    Man is that thing sweet.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Oh my, shouldn't somebody tell Ken he was not exercising proper muzzle discipline in the video??

I know I won't.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Yeah, he makes it clear in the video 9mm for practice, 45 for carry
    Specifically in the 1911 (as they tend to be less reliable than the 45ACP). He is a fan of the 9mm.

I know you know this, but for the person reading this (that doesn't know Ken), it will start caliber debates for the next 20yrs!

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Oh my, shouldn't somebody tell Ken he was not exercising proper muzzle discipline in the video??

I know I won't.

When doing a presentation on a firearm, you unload it and then ask someone else to check it for you. Once the gun has been confirmed clear, you are good.

We have people now that are so safe, they are UN-SAFE!

C4

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Yes, C4. Precisely.

It was sarcasm.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Specifically in the 1911 (as they tend to be less reliable than the 45ACP). He is a fan of the 9mm.

I know you know this, but for the person reading this (that doesn't know Ken), it will start caliber debates for the next 20yrs!

C4
    You are correct! When I was shooting with Ken last summer he ran an STI 9mm 1911. He said that it was the only reliable 9MM 1911 he had. I would like to know what Wilson did to the 9mm model they built for him to make him switch in less than a year's time.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ordered two!

C4
    For yourself?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    You are correct! When I was shooting with Ken last summer he ran an STI 9mm 1911. He said that it was the only reliable 9MM 1911 he had. I would like to know what Wilson did to the 9mm model they built for him to make him switch in less than a year's time.
    This is very interesting, especially considering all the flak STI catches. Hope to hear more.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast