Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BCM - KeyMod Vert Grip

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    I believe the point of keymod is to bring about a standardized accessory attachment system for the huge crop of slick rails we've seen pop up in the last few years.
    THIS.

Slick rails are nice, but all of them have proprietary hardware and mounts. It's ridiculous. For this reason alone, I hope KeyMod is successful.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The keymod was designed at the request of a branch of the mil. I've since asked the big guy behind keymod. Standardizing a new mounting method might be an outcome of the design, but I don't gather that standardization is the root.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    ..but I don't gather that standardization is the root.
    I'll happily take this unintended consequence. It's always appeared as perfect timing to me.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Me too. Out of curiosity Mark, what branch?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyxcom View Post
    I'll happily take this unintended consequence. It's always appeared as perfect timing to me.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm assuming it's not a problem for me to repeat this... but the same guys that got the A5 buffer system to be made...

The damned Marines of all things.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm assuming it's not a problem for me to repeat this... but the same guys that got the A5 buffer system to be made...

The damned Marines of all things.
    Didn't expect that one. Had been on the fense about a URX 3.1 or a 4. If Amos had anything to do with it, I'll go with 3.1. If not... then I may just have to give it a whirl!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Apologies for the semi-necro resurrection .........

Any word on availability? Been holding off getting a picatinny adapter for the KeyMod.
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l8apex View Post
    Apologies for the semi-necro resurrection .........

Any word on availability? Been holding off getting a picatinny adapter for the KeyMod.
    Apparently should be soon. I'm running a modded MVG in the interim (have to dremel off 1/2 of one of the nubbins to get it to fit--also most certainly not in the 'easy on/off' category).
    Dave Merrill
    Terrible Technical Writer. Awful Photographer. Lazy Instructor. Kind of a dick.
    Loves Tacos.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for that, I have been wondering what the deal was with the panel covers.

Quote Originally Posted by T.B. View Post
    Over on another forum Paul of BCM mentioned possibly having them available in 8 weeks or so. That was a week ago.

Side note. He said panel covers would likely be summer because they are being redesigned.
    Last edited by aldotheapache; 04-14-14 at 13:11.
    "The misery that is now upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish."

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I can't imagine a site that sends BCM more business than this one,
    why doesn't Paul chime in over here on this kind of stuff?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast