Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What buffer are you running in your middie?

Feedback Score

What buffer are you running in your middie?

????????????

I've got an H buffer in my BCM midlength and it runs well so far. I'm using only NATO-pressure 5.56 loads (M855) and am thinking of bumping up to an H2.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    If it's a 16", an H2 is good. For a 14.5, I run the H. This is specific to BCM. Other middies have different (larger) ports.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    56 (100%)
    Can't hurt to try an H2 buffer, provided you still get reliability with your ammo still, even when the gun is filthy and parts are towards the end of their replacement life. BCM's gas ports are sized correctly, not oversized, so the H buffer may be all you need. I've used H and H2 buffers with a BCM Mid. 16" and it worked with both.

That said, VLTOR's A5 system rocks my world. I have 5 Midlength rifles - DD, BCM, Spike's & PSA barrels, 16" and 14.5" and the A5 buffer/RE system runs smoothly and without a hiccup for all of them. Buying 6 (so far) A5 kits wasn't cheap, I assure you, but I wouldn't go back either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For both my 16" and 14.5" BCM mids, I can run an H when suppressed, but have to switch to a CAR for unsuppressed reliability. Mine are apparently oddballs.

"I don't carry a knife because God invented silencers for a reason. Also, I'm not in a dancing gang who goes to "rumbles"." ~ Sterling Archer

"Shooting a gun is like being intimate with a woman. First, you inspect it to make sure it's clean. Then you grab it on the butt and jam the magazine in. If it doesn't fit, make it." ~ Stan Smith

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I really do prefer an .080" gas port on a 14.5 middy. I have one that'll even run Herters like a champ, and it's not overgassed on full powered ammo.

My BCM 14.5 mid is bufferd down to a plain old H to keep it running with all ammo kinds. Now adding a suppressor and an A5 to the Bravo Middy would probably be unbeatable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have too sr 15's and I tried an h buffer out of my 6920 for the first time the other day. I have to say that It felt smoother and less clunky with the standard carbine buffer that they come with.
    "You get what you pay for"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm running an H buffer in my 13.7 Infidel. I believe it has a 0.750 exterior diameter at the gas port. It has ran everything from MK262 to Tula.
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    H2 with Sprinco Blue in my 16" DD Middy. Eats everything from Tula to XM855/193.

Feedback Score
    H buffer with blue spinco spring on my DD 14.5 LW middy.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right now, a new one with an H (14.5 pinned) and one with an A5 standard (14.5 pinned). Pretty sure that with a steady diet of good 5.56 either will run with a heavier buffer.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast