Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: What buffer are you running in your middie?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    H buffer. If you want to run the A5... tune down from the standard to an H1.
    I approach LAV levels of arrogance on what I know about the Middy, port sized, and appropriate buffers.
    CRAP. I thought the agreed logic was to go up to an A5H3 (6.08) ounce buffer in the A5 system with BCM 14.5" middies and brakes...I understand if you shoot weaksauce steel case or whatever, but if ALL I shoot is XM193 and 75gr TAP, wouldn't the A5H3 be smoother with less recoil than the A5H1? (note: I've had 800rds through it in this configuration without ANY failures, but it still doesn't feel as smooth as LAV's 16" with a comp mod 0, though I have no idea what buffer was in it).

BufordTJustice uses the A5H3 AND an LMT E-Carrier in his 14.5 mid I think.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    CRAP. I thought the agreed logic was to go up to an A5H3 (6.08) ounce buffer in the A5 system with BCM 14.5" middies and brakes...I understand if you shoot weaksauce steel case or whatever, but if ALL I shoot is XM193 and 75gr TAP, wouldn't the A5H3 be smoother with less recoil than the A5H1? (note: I've had 800rds through it in this configuration without ANY failures, but it still doesn't feel as smooth as LAV's 16" with a comp mod 0, though I have no idea what buffer was in it).

BufordTJustice uses the A5H3 AND an LMT E-Carrier in his 14.5 mid I think.
    That E carrier apparently allows the use of a heavier buffer all else equal. So it makes sense that his set up is functional.

If you're running all XM193 pressure ammo with a standard carrier, I'd run the H2 (standard A5 buffer)

I run mostly 223 loads, so a carbine H buffer is optimal for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting. I thought the E-Carrier would bleed off more gas and thus not be able to push the heavier buffers back--however, since he was running it, I planned on trying it out (as soon as the BCM BFH ELW FLUTED 14.5" uppers get released).

Feedback Score
    @LewP

Thanks for the guidance. I'll try out an H buffer to feel the difference.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    Interesting. I thought the E-Carrier would bleed off more gas and thus not be able to push the heavier buffers back--however, since he was running it, I planned on trying it out (as soon as the BCM BFH ELW FLUTED 14.5" uppers get released).
    I tried the E carrier in my 14.5 mid.... and it seemed to buck a little more. It's hard to quick change a BCG to get a good feel... but as fast as I could I swapped them out.... and it felt like a little more brisk cycle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425