Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What buffer are you running in your middie?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My BCM 14.5 mid is bufferd down to a plain old H to keep it running with all ammo kinds. Now adding a suppressor and an A5 to the Bravo Middy would probably be unbeatable.
    I guess I should have been a bit more specific. Mine is a BCM 14.5" LW middy. After reading here maybe the H2 isn't such a good idea, at least for dead-nuts reliability across the spectrum.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    A5H2 and the DD V5 Middy system is utterly reliable, smooth, and for the cost potentially unbeatable.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I run an H in one of my 14.5 BCM's and in another BCM 14.5 I run a H2. The second rifle gets a can half the time, but it runs fine still without. I only shoot 5.56 though. I would run Carbine buffers with .223 and un-suppressed. Then you can run any ammo you would like, I would assume.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    ST-T2 (4.1oz.) with a blue Sprinco spring.

I know the buffer is considered another snake oil item by some, but I've had no issues with it.

I don't shoot Tula or Wolf though.
    That's exactly what I run and it's perfect for me. It will shoot anything I feed it.

cpoth Guest
    I have the Vltor A5 system in my 14.5 noveske mid and an H2 buffer in my 16 noveske mid. Both run very well for me.

Feedback Score
    PSA 16in Middy with a Spikes T2 and Blue Sprinco. Cycles PMC, Independence fine, but doesn't like Tula
    Custom pimp my Orange County Overhauled American Sons of Enhanced M4gery Game Changa Neva Been Done Befo piston driven Tactikul Desert Carbean with its own mags

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If it's a 16", an H2 is good. For a 14.5, I run the H. This is specific to BCM. Other middies have different (larger) ports.
    Didn't you and IG run a test on this a few years back?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    14.5" BCM, H buffer and Sprinco White cycles everything even PMC Bronze. Runs smooth with a H2 with nato powered ammo, but failed to lock back with Tula and PMC Bronze. H buffer is the ticket for running a variety of ammo.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    We did. And some things people need to keep in mind (and I posted about this in my Tuning the Gun 101 thread) are that there are factors that need to be considered such as the gas port size, type of spring, the carrier and ammunition.

Whatever buffer is being used, you should always ensure that your weapon will work with the lowest powered or weakest ammo you have. Or at least know how your ammo performs so that if needed you can swap the buffer over. It has been my experience that if you use the A5 system, with a green Sprinco spring and the -3 buffer your weapon should work with a wide spectrum of ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Didn't you and IG run a test on this a few years back?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    The two middies I put together with PSA parts have CAR buffers, and they have been extremely reliable with all ammo used, including steel cased stuff. I have a 20" rifle length that I run a CAR buffer on too, and it has been absolutely great. I see the heavier buffers mostly as a band-aid for an over-gassed rifle or one with too long of a dwell time.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast