Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast

Thread: Hilton Yam's path away from the 1911

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's all the grind Sergeant, can't be too fine, can't be too coarse.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I’ve never understood the big sin of necroposting. You get hit with the “use the search function” if you don’t, if you do you are necroposting.

My theory is he lost interest in the whole shebang. At least I hope so. Otherwise he severely miscalculated his brand value separate from his knowledge of the 1911 platform.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I’ve never understood the big sin of necroposting. You get hit with the “use the search function” if you don’t, if you do you are necroposting.

My theory is he lost interest in the whole shebang. At least I hope so. Otherwise he severely miscalculated his brand value separate from his knowledge of the 1911 platform.
    I think that people sometimes overlook the fact that the intent of any online forum is to have a conversation about a mutually shared hobby/topic. If we were all sitting together at the lodge shooting the shit and no one ever brought up something you talked about before we would all be staring at our shoes.

That said, I reached out to 10-8 earlier this year and received a response from someone named Richard who stated that Hilton was still "involved" with the company. I didn't get the impression that it was the full story though and that perhaps the company had been quietly sold. Shame really, I liked Hilton's custom builds and many of his parts even if some were just rebranded. I'm still trying to secure a full size, blued recoil plug after several years of trying with no luck.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm more or less hoping the same, though I was really quite curious where the adventures in 9mm 1911's would ultimately have gone. Practically speaking, the concepts and ideas live on - rhe RB1 sights are a logical evolution for Glock-specific uses, the information on MSW regarding 1911's for serious applications is still the best consolidated source of information on the topic for anybody willing to actually learn and understand the nuance of the platform, and there is still clearly interest in 1911's for a lot of uses to this day.

For my part, I'm still really happy that I run a lot of hardware inspired by that approach, though now they've become somewhat anachronistic unicorns, especially with the now obsolescent Dawson rails... My NHC 10-8 could pass for an MCSOCOM (but thankfully isn't a Kimber), and I have a Baer TRS that is basically a HY template gun with a bit of MarsGuns thug-flair. Despite how out of date and under-exercised those things are, they'll still outrun a lot of newer stuff despite having me running them - they're just well thought out.

I dunno if in our current era of quality high ROI content creation going under-rewarded if a phenomenon like MSW could really succeed.

[[ Sorry, lost my entire block of text thanks to garbage internet ]]
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I think it's interesting to look back at some of these old threads and compare what was being said about certain guns then, vs. what's being said (or in some cases, not said at all) about those guns now. There's still enough focus and interest in the 1911 platform that you can't say it doesn't have a place as a viable defense gun. Some guns that were the new hotness have cooled substantially and the Gen 5 G19 reminds us that even boring has it's merits.

I think it'll be interesting to see what we're talking about in another 4 years.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    I haven’t checked into this forum in awhile but I always assumed that Hilton stepped out of the limelight because of his day job. At my Dept any outside employment had to be approved and you were totally at their mercy at what was approved.

Feedback Score
    Man, I still remember when 10-8forums was still a thing and everyone's username was their actual name...which was great in terms of folks being held to a high standard.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    He’s been much more into guitars as of late and is doing well. I still want to own one of his full builds but I don't think that will ever happen. I consider him a friend and I’m glad he’s enjoying some down time.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    Ditto, Ahhh, the good ole days, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Man, I still remember when 10-8forums was still a thing and everyone's username was their actual name...which was great in terms of folks being held to a high standard.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'm more or less hoping the same, though I was really quite curious where the adventures in 9mm 1911's would ultimately have gone. Practically speaking, the concepts and ideas live on - rhe RB1 sights are a logical evolution for Glock-specific uses, the information on MSW regarding 1911's for serious applications is still the best consolidated source of information on the topic for anybody willing to actually learn and understand the nuance of the platform, and there is still clearly interest in 1911's for a lot of uses to this day.

For my part, I'm still really happy that I run a lot of hardware inspired by that approach, though now they've become somewhat anachronistic unicorns, especially with the now obsolescent Dawson rails... My NHC 10-8 could pass for an MCSOCOM (but thankfully isn't a Kimber), and I have a Baer TRS that is basically a HY template gun with a bit of MarsGuns thug-flair. Despite how out of date and under-exercised those things are, they'll still outrun a lot of newer stuff despite having me running them - they're just well thought out.

I dunno if in our current era of quality high ROI content creation going under-rewarded if a phenomenon like MSW could really succeed.

[[ Sorry, lost my entire block of text thanks to garbage internet ]]
    I think your perception is based on your interest. Down here in South Texas, it seems like every lawman that has a choice carries a 1911. I know sheriff deputies, to feds, to Texas Rangers that are still ate-up with 1911s!
    Last edited by 17K; 02-25-18 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Hilton, put a file on my MCOP extractor. I also had SACS put a 10-8 trigger in my MC. When Hilton inspected my piece, he said that was not his trigger. I had a Harrison. I sent it back to SACS for the 10-8 trigger.

So if your 1911 is filled with 10-8 parts, Hilton filed and touch my MCOP.... does that make it a full 10-8 build ? Ha

17k.....you are so right!

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast