Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Hilton Yam's path away from the 1911

Feedback Score
    I carried a 1911 on duty before I had ever heard of Yam and I carry a 1911 now that he’s withdrawn from public life. I’ve gotten nothing but excellent service from them with no more maintenance then I do in any other gun save the extractor replacements. It was good info but hasn’t really changed anything for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi391 View Post
    I carried a 1911 on duty before I had ever heard of Yam and I carry a 1911 now that he’s withdrawn from public life. I’ve gotten nothing but excellent service from them with no more maintenance then I do in any other gun save the extractor replacements. It was good info but hasn’t really changed anything for me.
    How many extractors do you go through?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    How many extractors do you go through?
    I switch them out around 10,000 rounds to be safe on my training gun. My two “duty” ready guns are shot more minimally and each is around 2,000 rounds so no changes. For a light rail gun I use my bone stock (except for sights) Springfield LBO and plain clothes it’s a Wilson CQB. Neither have ever failed in any way. The training gun is a bone stock Springfield MCO. Solid gun, very few minor problems. My Gen 4 Glocks gave me way more problems. Frustrating experience.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I believe it. I've had more problems with Glock than I have with 5" 45s too.

Feedback Score
    Yep, stay away from shorter guns and stick with solid brands and they’re pretty dependable guns.

The way Yam went out really turned me off. Not that he left 1911’s that’s fine, everyone should make their own choices but he did it in such a melodramatic fashion with an article about crutches and paths. Just too much.....but hey, to each his own.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566