Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sphinx pistols?

Feedback Score
    Great looking gun.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but has there been any updates as to a release date for the full size model?

Another thing I wanted to ask: is it true that the lower frames are interchangeable? I know the SDP's come with polymer lowers, but I heard there would be aluminum(?) and steel(?) drop in replacements. Does anyone know if this is true ? If so, I'd assume the serial numbers would be on the slide/upper half.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I see that Tim with MAC has decided that he's going to carry a Sphinx.

So, pardon the necro, but has anybody else shot one or heard anything about them?

Thanks!

Last edited by MountainRaven; 04-18-16 at 21:05.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, I forgot these these things even existed. I remember being really interested in them as a DA/SA semi auto, not being able to really find any info on them other than specs and then just completely forgot about them.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 04-18-16 at 23:06. Reason: forgot the /SA

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So far, I'm finding a heck of a lot more holsters for the Sphinx SDP than for, say, the Beretta 92G-SD.

G-Code and Safariland both offer holsters for it. And the Safariland offerings include ALS models for both the basic pistol and the pistol with an X300.

Safariland doesn't even make an ALS holster for the P-07 for use with an X300 (SLS, yes).

It seems weird that at least one major manufacturer is making a significant number of holsters for a pistol that so few people have actually shot.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it just me or does the SDP look like a pimped out P-07? Not in a bad MTV pimp my ride way, but a very tasteful version of a high end P-07. I wonder if it would work in the same holsters and if it would take the same mags?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper78 View Post
    Is it just me or does the SDP look like a pimped out P-07? Not in a bad MTV pimp my ride way, but a very tasteful version of a high end P-07. I wonder if it would work in the same holsters and if it would take the same mags?
    It's not just you. In fact, I've read a few side-by-side reviews of the SDP and P-07.

So, armed with the knowledge granted by these reviews: The SDP magazines kinda work in the P-07. The P-07 magazines are too fat to fit in the SDP. In fact, standard CZ 75 magazines fit and lock into the SDP and are supposed to work, while they mostly work in the P-07: Think a P226 magazine in a P229-1.

While a leather holster for one might work for the other, Safariland - who use the same holsters for the HK45 and the P30L, the HK45C and the P30 - lists two different holster fits for the SDP and the P-07, so I would say that kydex holsters for the pistols are not interchangeable.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 04-20-16 at 09:21.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    It's not just you. In fact, I've read a few side-by-side reviews of the SDP and P-07.

So, armed with the knowledge granted by these reviews: The SDP magazines kinda work in the P-07. The P-07 magazines are too fat to fit in the SDP. In fact, standard CZ 75 magazines fit and lock into the SDP and are supposed to work, while they mostly work in the P-07: Think a P226 magazine in a P229-1.

While a leather holster for one might work for the other, Safariland - who use the same holsters for the HK45 and the P30L, the HK45C and the P39 - lists two different holster fits for the SDP and the P-07, so I would say that kydex holsters for the pistols are not interchangeable.
    Thanks for the info, do you know if the slide on the SDP is the same as the P-07 duty version, or the newer P-07. I have both and they are different, enough that kydex holster molded on the Duty version can be very tight when used with the newer (2014+) version. May we that's why they list two separate holsters. I tell ya, if I had the money for it i'd be all over a SDP, it's such a nice looking gun.
    Last edited by Chipper78; 04-20-16 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper78 View Post
    Thanks for the info, do you know if the slide on the SDP is the same as the P-07 duty version, or the newer P-07. I have both and they are different, enough that kydex holster molded on the Duty version can be very tight when used with the newer (2014+) version. May we that's why they list two separate holsters. I tell ya, if I had the money for it i'd be all over a SDP, it's such a nice looking gun.
    The slides are very similar, but I doubt they're similar enough for what it looks like you're wanting to do with them.
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Does anyone know of a source of night sights for the Sphinx?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast