Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sphinx pistols?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 2 SDP's compact black now, (one is threaded) had another that I sold to friend as he wanted it...

They are very accurate, easy to hit 100yd shots. At present there are no aftermarket sight options out that I am aware of. Cajun gun works can lighten that pull down. I have an acquaintance in town that sent his off and loves it.
    I shot IDPA and steel challenge with mine several times. I am in contact with KRISS periodically, spoke with the regional sales rep last week and emailed him yesterday as I am ordering one for a friend.... They also have the Duty in now, that has a longer grip.
    The lineup is a little confusing as there is a full steel frame version, a full aluminum frame and the half polymer version. There has been no rush from Sphinx to get the full size guns here yet. My latest email said they were a few months out. But I think it is out of Kriss's hands.

I have not shot a subcompact yet. But I did look at one yesterday

They take CZ-75 Mags also (mec-gar)....
    My guns have been flawless; I left the VP9 last year to try the Sphinx.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadds View Post
    I have 2 SDP's compact black now, (one is threaded) had another that I sold to friend as he wanted it...

They are very accurate, easy to hit 100yd shots. At present there are no aftermarket sight options out that I am aware of. Cajun gun works can lighten that pull down. I have an acquaintance in town that sent his off and loves it.
    I shot IDPA and steel challenge with mine several times. I am in contact with KRISS periodically, spoke with the regional sales rep last week and emailed him yesterday as I am ordering one for a friend.... They also have the Duty in now, that has a longer grip.
    The lineup is a little confusing as there is a full steel frame version, a full aluminum frame and the half polymer version. There has been no rush from Sphinx to get the full size guns here yet. My latest email said they were a few months out. But I think it is out of Kriss's hands.

I have not shot a subcompact yet. But I did look at one yesterday

They take CZ-75 Mags also (mec-gar)....
    My guns have been flawless; I left the VP9 last year to try the Sphinx.
    If you are a big fan You will need to get what you can while you can, not sure if they told you or not but Sphinx is no more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    If you are a big fan You will need to get what you can while you can, not sure if they told you or not but Sphinx is no more.
    I thought I saw that in the thread earlier, but wasn't sure; what's your source of information?

I will call them and see what's up with that....
    Any details or weblink? They were tossing a gun in for the army field trials last I saw...

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Swiss Sphinx has filed for bankruptcy under chapter 11, following the cancellation of a large government contract, per a statement issued by KRISS USA.

Further, Cajun Gun Works will no longer work on Sphinx pistols, although they do offer spring kits for them.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, I had not heard any of that....thanks for that info....
    I wonder how that will shake out...like Colt or will it hit the dust

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    Apologies to the masses for the necro bump, but I figured that since I just bought a new production Swiss-made Sphinx SDP 9mm today, an update would be ok (especially considering the misinformation in this thread).

Sphinx is still in the business of manufacturing firearms, in Switzerland, with KRISS being the US importer. As for night sights, XS intro'd some at SHOT this year. There is also a dealer (Prepper Gun Shop) on GB selling Meprolights (exclusive deal he worked out with them) for Sphinx pistols.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 40Arpent View Post
    Apologies to the masses for the necro bump, but I figured that since I just bought a new production Swiss-made Sphinx SDP 9mm today, an update would be ok (especially considering the misinformation in this thread).

Sphinx is still in the business of manufacturing firearms, in Switzerland, with KRISS being the US importer. As for night sights, XS intro'd some at SHOT this year. There is also a dealer (Prepper Gun Shop) on GB selling Meprolights (exclusive deal he worked out with them) for Sphinx pistols.

My new Sphinx comes in today (on the UPS truck now) so I can also confirm they're still coming in.

Feedback Score

Sphinx - Accuracy!

I went shooting with a couple of my friends who had strong opinions on their favorite 9mm handguns. One brought a SIG 229, and another brought a Sphinx SDP. I already had my opinion that the SIG would be the more accurate of the two, but was surprised at how much more accurately I shot the Sphinx. Four shots in nearly one hole at 10 yards. I was shocked. My M&P, Glock 19 & CZ75 were abysmal in comparison. I am strongly considering getting an SDP in the near future. If only they didn't cost about twice the price of a Glock, PPQ or CZ P10C (much anticipated).

Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post
    My new Sphinx comes in today.
    I look forward to another of your excellent reviews with the Sphinx SDP. Hopefully your stationary accuracy test confirms my experience with this gun.
    Last edited by Feldgrun; 02-27-17 at 08:12. Reason: accuracy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sphinx has always had a reputation as one of the best, if not THE best CZ-75 based pistol. Built like a "swiss watch" is not just a cliché it seems. I am glad to hear they are still importing them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345