Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: General Purpose Combat Rifle Setup - Getting Set Up

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Well to be honest, they're the standard because of the Hague Conventions, because NATO standardization, and because we have so damn much of both of them from the decades they've been issued.

Cost and Hague aside, I'm sure all mil would be using either 77gr SMKs, some form of black tip, or bonded soft points depending on situation.
    ^----- This. Unless your goal is punching a hole in a commie-made steel helmet at X00 meters, or your State prohibits expanding ammo, there really isn't a good reason to use FMJ/military ammo for self defense other than cost.

Feedback Score
    Wow wish I read this before buying my first ar. Good post.

Feedback Score
    +1 for Sionics. Quality is never achieved inexpensively and experience doesn't happen overnight!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good info

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lots of great stuff in or linked from this thread.

When I bought my first ar, I knew I was buying middle/lower-end (Bushy). I wanted to figure out if I liked the platform knew I'd break or lose springs, pins, etc., had to figure out what accessories and furniture I'd like, if anything.

I've since upgraded significantly (DD). But I leaned a lot on that first ar, and still have it. It's "relatively" light, and Mrs CatSnipah is pretty comfy with it, in general. So, I guess you can say we have His and Hers rifles, ha.

Kidding aside, I still bust it out now and then to plink with, while the DD is what I will use for training classes, etc. If we ever hit another bum-rush price skyrocket period, I might consider selling the old ar, but I'm not in any hurry. It still has a place.

I've learned a lot by reading this forum over time. I lurked for quite a while before joining. Lots of valuable info floating around here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234