Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Vision Set-Up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Time for an update, I drove out to TNVC yesterday, just finding them was an ordeal, super discreet and hidden. Once I got there Teddy was super helpful in assisting me in picking out items. I went with the Team Wendy EXFIL bump helmet, their Peltor adapters, Wilcox L4 G11 mount, and TNVC's bump helmet Wilcox lanyard. I decided to go for broke and just do everything at once to save time and money, I also ordered their Pinnacle PVS-14 (its going to be helmet mounted so there is no recoil concerns for the tube) and took advantage of their current sale and ordered a DBAL as well.
    Sorry I missed you, not many get to visit the facility. Glad Teddy got your squared away. Thank you for the order.

Vic Di Cosola
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Time for an update, I drove out to TNVC yesterday, just finding them was an ordeal, super discreet and hidden. Once I got there Teddy was super helpful in assisting me in picking out items. I went with the Team Wendy EXFIL bump helmet, their Peltor adapters, Wilcox L4 G11 mount, and TNVC's bump helmet Wilcox lanyard. I decided to go for broke and just do everything at once to save time and money, I also ordered their Pinnacle PVS-14 (its going to be helmet mounted so there is no recoil concerns for the tube) and took advantage of their current sale and ordered a DBAL as well.
    I bet your wallet hates you
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    I bet your wallet hates you
    It does, but the way I look at it, all the items are long term durable goods, so its pretty much a one time expense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hey caeser25, how is the quality of both of those lasers?
    The reason I ask, is there doesn't seem to be many reviews and I am think of going with the same set up. Any input would be appreciated!

Feedback Score
    If income and funds aren't too much of a concern, why not get a ballistic helmet?

If you're worried about weight savings, the OpsCore and Crye models are really light. Not the same, but you might end up wanting to balance out the weight of the 14's and mounts. And the ballistic value is rarely a bad thing.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yup - as I expected, TNVC got you set up with the ideal setup - that bump helmet is one hell of a value, especially as kitted, and the DBAL really is the tool you want on a carbine - whatever the extra cost was, even after the awesome sale pricing, is absolutely worth it.

[ETA] For my part, I've got the Crye helmet, and it's ridiculously baller for what it is, but in a lot of regards I'd prefer to have a simple cheap bump helmet to use for just goofing around, or training specifically on the NV gear; I'm likely stuck buying the OPS rails just to have some side-bump protection for the helmet.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 04-19-14 at 14:51.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Llama,

If you're looking for simple protection for bumps on the noodle, check out the Pro-Tec options. I think the issued one I have would only run someone about $75 with a side rail and cutout for Peltors. The NVG mounts can be a little tricky but the tension brackets work pretty well.
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, I've outfitted my K-Mart quality pro-tec with a shroud, and it works, but it shows that I have a whopping $9 wrapped up in that setup (counting spray paint), and when I need something decent I've got my airframe. My concern is damaging my airframe with side of the head knocks, and hurting its ballistic usefulness - I have a gift for getting every last bit of use out of helmets (I've written off 4 helmets in various bicycle, snowboarding, and skiing wrecks), so I don't want to write off something that pricey just because I didn't want to get some plastic doo-hickeys that will help the helmet survive better, I'd have been happier just forgoing ballistic helmet options if all I cared about was the NVG setup.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12