Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why aren't there more knives like this...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiescometh View Post
    that's a liner lock which is a deal breaker. if they ever make an auto, I would buy it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    that's a liner lock which is a deal breaker. if they ever make an auto, I would buy it.
    Duh. I must have just skipped to the assisted opening part.

Just curious but what did you do or have you done to not trust your finger for that second of closing the blade?
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 03-08-14 at 04:44.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks like the Contego has all the features you "want and need" so why lament that every knife made doesn't?

I'd bet that the carbide glass breaker could be installed on many of the Osborne designed AXIS folders, even if there might need to be a little reshaping of the spine spacer to make it fit perfectly.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Looks like the Contego has all the features you "want and need" so why lament that every knife made doesn't?

I'd bet that the carbide glass breaker could be installed on many of the Osborne designed AXIS folders, even if there might need to be a little reshaping of the spine spacer to make it fit perfectly.
    i'm lamenting i guess because it's not as if the knives aren't made. they just go extinct. it's weird. i just don't get it. in the modern age of knives and the thousands of variations people are actually recommending that i jury rig something to an existing incomplete model... that's lamentable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trinydex View Post
    that is a liner lock. which is a deal breaker because it puts my body in the blade path on closing.
    how do you close your knives that you see doing that would endanger you? I always close knives with two hands and gently fold it closed. do you do it differently?..
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ahh, got ya.

Benchmade has the 915 Triage as well.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    how do you close your knives that you see doing that would endanger you? I always close knives with two hands and gently fold it closed. do you do it differently?..
    this is probably something that i'm overly particular about, but here it goes.

usually when i'm using a knife i'm trying to access something in hand, this means it will still be in hand after the knife has gained me access. in times past, if it was the case that i do have two hands i would try to carefully close the knife. however, since the advent of axis lock and my introduction to auto knifes, i've found that there's no reason my equipment should require me to use two hands to close or put my hand in the blade path while closing.

again, i would readily admit this is probably something i am overly particular about.

i realize that a liner lock or frame lock does not preclude a one handed closing, it's very possible, but it's the fact that it puts my hands in the blade path that bothers me. there actually is a negligable chance that anything bad would ever happen, but now that i know better options exist i don't feel there's any reason i should have to settle for less.

Feedback Score
    I hear ya triny, and if I run into something I will let you know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Ahh, got ya.

Benchmade has the 915 Triage as well.
    that uses a non exotic 440 steel, which is unfortunate, because by all other measures it's a workhorse knife. if they made a special edition that were "chambered" in 154cm or cpm-m4, i would pay over 200 dollars. i'm sure that knife is doing lots of good work all over the place. sometimes i wish i weren't a steel snob, but i've just had too many disappointing experiences with 440 and aus8.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The main blade is "N680 highly corrosion resistant blade steel (57-59HRC)"(though I am not familiar with it, it is not 440)
    The hook blade is 440

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast