Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best single 123A light on the market?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Best single 123A light on the market?

Alrighty then.... If you where in the market today for the very best of the bunch single cell 123A light available what would you buy and why?
    Everyday carry in mind, a pocket clip is a plus.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My EDC white light is a SF E1L Outdoorsman. I picked up two for no other reason than a local bigbox store hand two left in the case on clearance for $64 a pop.

They are G2G with typical boring SF reliability.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would go with the Malkoff MDC. Just waiting for the one i want to be in stock.

1. It has a Malkoff head which uses the same reflector as the M61.
    2. They have a bunch of different models to choose from and you can even get a crenelated bezel ring for it.
    3. Its protected against reverse polarity.
    4. Did i mention it was a Malkoff
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 03-08-14 at 04:31.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    My EDC white light is a SF E1L Outdoorsman. I picked up two for no other reason than a local bigbox store hand two left in the case on clearance for $64 a pop.

They are G2G with typical boring SF reliability.
    Mine is an E2L, but I'm with you on this. Always works. For a handheld I like the dual output. It's not a portable lighthouse, but the light provided is more than sufficient for admin/nav duty.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Depends on what you want it to do. sunwayman V11R, nitecore, Olight, jetbeam all make a good quality 1xcr123 light in addition to the other brands mentioned above. I have been jonesing for an Olight s10 baton myself.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nobody made a better "tactical" user interface than novatac
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm normally a Surefire guy, but I picked up a Klarus P1C light just before Christmas and have been pretty impressed with it. I've used it everyday since I bought it. Battery life has been on par with my SF e2DL; on the e2DL I had to change batteries every 2-2.5 weeks on the Klarus I change the battery every 7-10 days.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Streamlight Protac 1L but should mention clip is garbage. http://www.streamlight.com/en-ca/pro...t.html?pid=200 . It's compact with ok battery life and was affordable. Clip was no go, it just slipped/pressed on light and easily got pulled off.
    I too have been looking for compact single CR123, but to be mounted on SBR AK.
    Last edited by lunchbox; 03-13-14 at 12:12.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm a diehard Surefire nut myself, but I've never handled, much less seen in person any of the single cells(other than Scouts). Which Surefire is the best? Are these other lights mentioned better than the SFs?
    Also I saw SHOT pics of a new single cell coming from Elzetta. Anyone else see those?
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    What are you looking for? Size? Output? Color temperature? Rechargeable? User interface? Budget? It really depends on your specific needs...

Look at the HDS systems clicky and rotary. Very bombproof.

As mentioned, Malkoff has some great drop in conversions for Surefire lights and his own great stand alone lights like the md2.

HDS and malkoff are the only 2 manufacturers I would put on par with Surefire.

As far as Surefire, if you don't like clicky interfaces, look at the LX2 - I love mine. Also own a e2l and e1l. Had an e2dl, l1 and e1b, but never used them. Also not a fan of the high level first in the e2dl and e1b - why I prefer the outdoorsmen and L series. Honestly, really can't go wrong with any Surefire - just choose your favorite.

Fenix and 4sevens are OK, but I would never trust my life to one. Surefire, malkoff and HDS I would.
    Last edited by HighDesert; 03-08-14 at 17:51.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast