Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best single 123A light on the market?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
    What are you looking for? Size? Output? Color temperature? Rechargeable? User interface? Budget? It really depends on your specific needs...
    Compact, one cell light, decent output, non-rechargeable. Not sure on the interface as I've never really used dual output lights. Surefire is a candidate, so budget is whatever.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    Compact, one cell light, decent output, non-rechargeable. Not sure on the interface as I've never really used dual output lights. Surefire is a candidate, so budget is whatever.
    Do you want Hi Mode or low mode to come on with first click (is your main Priority as a defensive/offensive light or an EDC light you'll use around the house at night)?

Surefire eb1 if the former, e1l if the latter.

If you could care less and want it bright as ****, eb1.

I would also encourage you to look at the Hds EDC and tactical line - also single cell and highly customizable if you want to get fancy.
    Last edited by HighDesert; 03-08-14 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    I like my stream light 1L. The battery life isn't excellent on high but on low it isn't bad. Its plenty bright for most things on low (but I use it when working under trucks). I don't use the holster it came with, I just put it in my pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Feedback Score
    Last edited by eleven; 05-13-14 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'm a diehard Surefire nut myself, but I've never handled, much less seen in person any of the single cells(other than Scouts). Which Surefire is the best? Are these other lights mentioned better than the SFs?
    Also I saw SHOT pics of a new single cell coming from Elzetta. Anyone else see those?

That's exactly what I'm waiting for. I asked them the ETA on it last week and they said summer. I've owned all kinds, I'm really jonesing for a Elzetta single cell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have both the streamlight and 5.11 one and two cell units and none of those have failed me. The streamlights have a bit tighter of a beams, but the 5.11 models are great for smaller rooms with their greater spill but being less bright.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    After looking over all the suggestions posted here I think I'm back to SF.
    The HDS lights look nice but I don't care for what looks to be a sharp crenelated bezel or a strobe function.
    Malkoff single cell lights seem to be OOS, but look like an option.

I think the SF EB1 is what I'm looking for.

One question RE: the EB1 tailcap...
    Do you guys prefer the shrouded or tactical tailcap?
    ETA: They also offer an un-shrouded clicky.
    Last edited by kdcgrohl; 03-10-14 at 11:25.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    surefire EB1.

Feedback Score
    After looking over all the suggestions posted here I think I'm back to SF.
    The HDS lights look nice but I don't care for what looks to be a sharp crenelated bezel or a strobe function.
    Malkoff single cell lights seem to be OOS, but look like an option.

I think the SF EB1 is what I'm looking for.

One question RE: the EB1 tailcap...
    Do you guys prefer the shrouded or tactical tailcap?
    ETA: They also offer an un-shrouded clicky.
    I love this light and have both. While I like the shrouded because you can tail stand, I would get non shrouded as its a bit smaller. I carry an older non shrouded daily.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Different strokes... I like shrouded - less chance of accidental on and can tailstand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast