Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Why I think the Smith and Wesson J Frame is a good Sole Self-Defense Weapon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Desantis Clip-grip for me currently on a 340PD with XS Bigs. I like the position these stocks put my trigger finger in. But I am sure I'll end up with a green CTC at some point. With ease I can dump all 5 at 25 yards on a 5 inch steel plate. First round is 5 148gr wadcutters that recoil like a .22mag even out of this 11.5oz gun, 2nd on a safariland speedloader is Corbon 110 .38+p. Not a primary carry but I shoot it TONS.
    "Most of the things you read on internet gun websites is just bullshit anyway" Plato 315 B.C.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Carry a ****ing gun. Arguing which gun to carry is reserved for neckbeards.

Do you people really think that defensive gun uses are limited to 15 round autoloaders?!?!?!
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer."
    — Frank Zappa

If the gun goes dry I use my knife. If the knife breaks off I use my teeth. I have only one rule - Start one job and see it through - The universe will have to offer someone else the leftovers. Multi tasking doesn't work in business or in gunfighting.
    - Michael de Bethencourt

Feedback Score
    I think off duty LE and civilians in high risk occupations (high risk of violent robbery) ought to carry the handgun with the highest capacity that they can fire proficiency under stress while still able to conceal. If you're going to carry a five shot based on that criteria, consider carrying two and having sufficient reloads for both. For the average run of the mill CCW, a five shot is more than adequate. Throwing in the risk of multiple attackers and gang tactics, one should start factoring in movement and other tactics rather than standing firm and shooting it out with them. If you're going to carry a five shot, have at least two reloads, as trying to top off a revolver under stress, even with speed loaders can result in dropped rounds or botched reloads.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I really like a New York reload if I'm only packing a J frame. I really don't feel under gunned with one in each pocket and lots and lots of practice.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    i'm so confused as to why this thread was made when the OP referenced there was already a 89 page exhaustive thread on the topic.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678