Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .40 cal ar??!

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very well... Just for the sake of discussion, what do you think the Commanding Officer of McChord Air Force base will think of your activities here on M4C...

Please contact me directly via PM or email with your specific information, which will be held in confidence and not posted in an open forum, or you will be banned from this site and I will forward this post and your connecting IP addresses to the 62nd Security Forces Squadron…
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    I smelt bull shit from the start!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm telling you it sounds like a guy that posted on GlockTalk about being some super mall ninja that wanted to carry MP5 for security. There was a thread on lF about it but cant find it right now.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

ROTFLMAO

BWAHHHHAAAAA!!

Feedback Score
    Okay, mall ninja stuff aside...

I am curious about a .40S&W AR weapon also as I have a ton of it & think it would be a cool toy. I am not an operator/mall ninja/special forces/SEAL/Green Beret/GSG9/SAS/Spetznaz type so I won't be going in to combat with it so I'm not worried about terminal ballistics, stopping power, etc. I just enjoy shooting and would like something other than a 9mm AR.

What mags would it use (I'm unaware of any subgun based in .40 other than the MP5 10/.40).

Any suggestions? Anyone???
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

"A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad."-Bob Edwards

Feedback Score
    Olympic Arms makes one in .40 S&W AR that uses Glock mags. I have their 9mm version that uses Glock mags.. It took some work to get it to function/ eject but I have been pleased for the last 2500 rounds. Try their site.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul45 View Post
    Olympic Arms makes one in .40 S&W AR that uses Glock mags. I have their 9mm version that uses Glock mags.. It took some work to get it to function/ eject but I have been pleased for the last 2500 rounds. Try their site.
    Interesting. What kind of work are you referring to? I am curious as I'd like to go with a .40 S&W AR but so far have been pretty disappointed with what is out there. I am most likely going the AR45 route but as mentioned I have a ton of .40 that would be sweet in a carbine.

Thanks for responding so quickly, BTW!
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands, which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

"A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad."-Bob Edwards

Feedback Score
    Re: AR45 in 10mm/.40.
    On the CNC AR45 forum there is a guy who, IIRC, got his to work with 10mm using GG mags. Might be worth the searching to find him and see what he did. I do seem to remember him having to do some work on the feed ramp was about all.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ApexinM3 View Post
    Interesting. What kind of work are you referring to? I am curious as I'd like to go with a .40 S&W AR but so far have been pretty disappointed with what is out there. I am most likely going the AR45 route but as mentioned I have a ton of .40 that would be sweet in a carbine.

Thanks for responding so quickly, BTW!
    Polished / deburred the BCG, installed a lighter buffer spring, polished all contact surfaces, and experimented with ammo brands. I keep it clean and it will run any major brand 9mm. It does not like the cheap dirty stuff. It's a blowback action and the unburnt powder and carbon clogs it up quickly. The brand name stuff works fine.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast