Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyle Defoor Mindset Video

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    It has, and I hope that someone better than me would assist (pretty weak I know.) My wife is reluctant to carry despite many attempts; she says she is interested in taking the class and shooting regularly but its low on her priority list. I went from shooting weekly to monthly and it really hurt my pistol. I struggle to get a full magazine on 8" at 25m without significant delay. I see that has a red flag and until I can put more time in dry fire / shooting, im not the man to save the day. I dont tag this under mindset though, my mind is right; its my ability I doubt. Maybe its just the time im at in my life with a 3.5yo and a 1.5yo, im so busy all the time. I try to play is extra safe maybe to account for the 80-20 rule. I moved to a really safe area with the onset of our second child and I avoid odd situations. Anyway...like I said, I hated to say that because ive taken many classes, shot competitively, shot weekly, dry fire, put time in, have "take action" character; but its like now that I have 2 daughters, and I should be practicing even more, its the opposite and I just live smaller and smaller.

Eta/ If harm was being directed toward women or children in any form, I would intervene in some way. I just would not be able to trust myself with a handgun against an active shooter in a crowded venue.
    I do CC a blade daily and am actively seeking training with that. So please dont get the impression if I see your children in between gun fire that im going to peace out the backdoor, only worrying about mine. My issue is with pistol carry / usage only.
    Last edited by sadmin; 03-11-14 at 09:18.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    In D4's class, he covers this question, but it isn't in the video. If you are going to be the guy that "runs into the restaurant to save people being slaughtered," then you have to accept the consequences. What does that mean? That means that you have a life insurance policy to support your family when you are gone. That means you have another male in your family's life that will fill your roll and help raise your children. That means that you have informed your wife what you are going to do in times of need.

As I assume your question is meant for me, I have covered all the questions I just posted. So I am that guy.

C4
    Not directed at you I should have replied with quote from sadmin as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    It has, and I hope that someone better than me would assist (pretty weak I know.) My wife is reluctant to carry despite many attempts; she says she is interested in taking the class and shooting regularly but its low on her priority list. I went from shooting weekly to monthly and it really hurt my pistol. I struggle to get a full magazine on 8" at 25m without significant delay. I see that has a red flag and until I can put more time in dry fire / shooting, im not the man to save the day. I dont tag this under mindset though, my mind is right; its my ability I doubt. Maybe its just the time im at in my life with a 3.5yo and a 1.5yo, im so busy all the time. I try to play is extra safe maybe to account for the 80-20 rule. I moved to a really safe area with the onset of our second child and I avoid odd situations. Anyway...like I said, I hated to say that because ive taken many classes, shot competitively, shot weekly, dry fire, put time in, have "take action" character; but its like now that I have 2 daughters, and I should be practicing even more, its the opposite and I just live smaller and smaller.

Eta/ If harm was being directed toward women or children in any form, I would intervene in some way. I just would not be able to trust myself with a handgun against an active shooter in a crowded venue.
    I do CC a blade daily and am actively seeking training with that. So please dont get the impression if I see your children in between gun fire that im going to peace out the backdoor, only worrying about mine. My issue is with pistol carry / usage only.
    1. You shoot better than most people. Most people probably couldn't hit an IDPA/IPSC target at 25m.
    2. Why not at least try?
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    4. States of Readiness.

A. Awareness (know what is going on).
    B. Preparedness (Training, Quality Firearm, Quality Gear)
    C. Willingness (Are you willing to shoot people in the face? Can you accept the consequences for your actions? Tell people what you are willing to do).

C4

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    1. You shoot better than most people. Most people probably couldn't hit an IDPA/IPSC target at 25m.
    2. Why not at least try?
    Do, or do not. There is no try.
    -Yoda

I couldn't take clipping an innocent bystander due to my lax in training time allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    Do, or do not. There is no try.
    -Yoda

I couldn't take clipping an innocent bystander due to my lax in training time allocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How much training and range time do you think your average cop gets???

C4

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I find that mindset, specifically the flavor that Defoor talks about, is not something people like to discuss. Maybe because they do not believe they "have it" or because it is not something that should be openly talked about (heard that one in person once), none of that really means much to me.

Mindset is something that needs to occur naturally, through hardship and experience.

Feedback Score
    I don't think mindset should be discussed at an individual level, although discussion on general mindset/life outlook is always helpful.

The reason why I don't think it should be discussed at an individual level is just that; it is a very personal thing. You should not need to explain or justify the decisions you make on how you want to live your life, how you want to approach the world.
    A person needs to have this discussion with him/herself, he/she need to decide on an approach that he/she can live with.
    Priorities will be different depending on each individual's life situation. There is no right or wrong choice.

I think the video brings up some good points to think about for yourself. No need to justify where you land, to others.
    Last edited by Arctic1; 03-11-14 at 17:37.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic1 View Post
    I don't think mindset should be discussed at an individual level, although discussion on general mindset/life outlook is always helpful.

The reason why I don't think it should be discussed at an individual level is just that; it is a very personal thing. You should not need to explain or justify the decisions you make on how you want to live your life, how you want to approach the world.
    A person needs to have this discussion with him/herself, he/she need to decide on an approach that he/she can live with.
    Priorities will be different depending on each individual's life situation. There is no right or wrong choice.

I think the video brings up some good points to think about for yourself. No need to justify where you land, to others.
    In D4's class, he never asks any of the students about what they will or won't do (nor am I). If someone wants to discuss it, that is entirely up to them.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    In D4's class, he never asks any of the students about what they will or won't do (nor am I). If someone wants to discuss it, that is entirely up to them.

C4
    Not saying that was the vibe of your posts or the intent of the thread, just making a general observation.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast