Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Optimizing Vitamin D Status in Soldiers to Enhance Physical and Cognitive Performance

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGunNut View Post
    If I'm reading the results correctly my 250HD levels started out at 23 around 18 months ago and have settled in around 55 as of last labs in January. My T level on the initial test was 564.8. The only other variable I changed other than upping my D3 was I tightened up on my diet a bit but kept my workouts the same.
    Cognitive results are measurable improvements in memory tests and job performance.
    Like everyone my age I'm looking for any edge that will keep me sharp longer. Plus I just look and feel freaking better!
    Sounds like you are dead on target! Nicely done.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I meant to ask this before, but when is the best time to take D3?

Should it be taken early in the day or later?

Should it be taken with meals or on an empty stomach?
    Timing does not appear to be essential. Best taken with a meal that contains some fat.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Where are you all getting your vitamin D supplements?
    I get mine from True Nutrition here: http://truenutrition.com/p-1149-vita...-softgels.aspx

The main reason is that I get my protein from them, and other supplements, they are a manufacturer, not a reseller. They make many of the products that are relabeled and sold in fitness magazines but you don't pay for the advertising and pricing that you get with the "big name" resellers.

ETA - Look at the bottom of the link I posted for actual scientific literature that backs up their assertions and claims with evidence. How many other companies out there provide the actual verifiable scientific testing related to their products?
    Last edited by Irish; 04-18-14 at 10:27.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345