Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W's MOST current (LE) 9mm Pistol (151215)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

S&W's MOST current (LE) 9mm Pistol (151215)

The Taj Mahal as they call it. All the current fixes, upgrades, etc in one gun. The finish on it is PVD (rust proof).

C4

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So what has been upgraded or changed? Can I apply the same upgrades to my VTAC model save for the finish of course.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    So what has been upgraded or changed? Can I apply the same upgrades to my VTAC model save for the finish of course.
    The trigger bar, slide catch, sear, SHB, barrel, sights and finish.

Generally, we stock all the upgrades that this gun has in it.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got to shoot one of these yesterday. It was noticeable nicer than previous M&Ps (should add I'm strictly a Glock guy) I'm not going to go out and buy one but trigger and accuracy were big improvement.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Very Cool Grant. Any idea why they went to PVD? I've never had a problem with any of my older M&Ps rusting even in Washington and NC. Also what do the new sights look like?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The trigger bar, slide catch, sear, SHB, barrel, sights and finish.

Generally, we stock all the upgrades that this gun has in it.

C4
    What did they do different with the sights?

Feedback Score
    I recently acquired one from a most prestigious vendor(Grant), and I was skeptical. I had owned an M&P Vtac model early last year( before I knew better)sold it middle of last year. I was hesitant to get another. However, after taking it to the range(personal) yesterday and really trying to focus on the fundamentals while firing, I am SUPER impressed. Gone are the days of squishy reset and sloppy over traveled triggers. They learned alot from their sheilds apparently. Grant was right when he told me that the fit and finish was the best yet. I was not as good with it as I hoped I would be, but I can definitely see a noticeable difference in ease of trigger control and the tight barrel fit does keep the groups tight( shot at 16"x12" square target at 25 yds/ consistent hand width group). I am looking forward to using and abusing this baby.
    PatrioticDisorder-the sights are the standard metal three dot as far as I can tell. Maybe Grant can elaborate.
    --
    Red State Tactical Rep
    http://www.redstatetactical.com/

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RST Customer Rep View Post
    I recently acquired one from a most prestigious vendor(Grant), and I was skeptical. I had owned an M&P Vtac model early last year( before I knew better)sold it middle of last year. I was hesitant to get another. However, after taking it to the range(personal) yesterday and really trying to focus on the fundamentals while firing, I am SUPER impressed. Gone are the days of squishy reset and sloppy over traveled triggers. They learned alot from their sheilds apparently. Grant was right when he told me that the fit and finish was the best yet. I was not as good with it as I hoped I would be, but I can definitely see a noticeable difference in ease of trigger control and the tight barrel fit does keep the groups tight( shot at 16"x12" square target at 25 yds/ consistent hand width group). I am looking forward to using and abusing this baby.
    PatrioticDisorder-the sights are the standard metal three dot as far as I can tell. Maybe Grant can elaborate.

Glad you like it.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

S&W's MOST current (LE) 9mm Pistol (151215)

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    What did they do different with the sights?
    Added a ledge to rack your belt or holster on.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    what else can you tell us about it? what exactly were the changes made and what do they do?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast