Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackwater Gear Quality

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Question Blackwater Gear Quality

I've seen a bunch of this stuff on sale lately all over the place at ridiciulous pricing and was considering investing in some.

Any thoughts/experience with their quality? Any reason why it would be dumped on the market?
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got an I-O Load Bearing Belt last week for $19.95. Obviously, I haven't had much time to test it out, but it appears to be pretty well put together. The stitching is nice and even and overall construction seems to be of good quality. All of the pouches I've attached (Eagle, DBT and Emdom) have presented no problems. I was honestly and pleasantly surprised to see "Made in USA" on the label. I figured it would be hard to go wrong for $20.

I believe it's being clearanced everywhere because it's going, or has just gone, out of production. As to why that may be, I can't say.

Derek
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I went ahead and ordered the belt and their quad M4 vest ($50) with plate carrier and hydration pouch.

We shall see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger seven View Post
    I got an I-O Load Bearing Belt last week for $19.95. Obviously, I haven't had much time to test it out, but it appears to be pretty well put together. The stitching is nice and even and overall construction seems to be of good quality. All of the pouches I've attached (Eagle, DBT and Emdom) have presented no problems. I was honestly and pleasantly surprised to see "Made in USA" on the label. I figured it would be hard to go wrong for $20.

I believe it's being clearanced everywhere because it's going, or has just gone, out of production. As to why that may be, I can't say.

Derek
    are you sure it's not Designed in USA ?
    I had one that was made in asia. quality was ok..stitching started to fall off after few classes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    are you sure it's not Designed in USA ?
    I had one that was made in asia. quality was ok..stitching started to fall off after few classes.
    Nope. The tag clearly says "Made in the USA - Quality craftsmanship by American workers." I fully expected it to be made in China or Vietnam, so I was a bit surprised. I suppose they could be lying...

I would never have paid full price for one, but for $20 I was willing to take a chance.

Derek
    Last edited by tiger seven; 05-24-08 at 14:15. Reason: typo
    An evil soul wields an evil sword.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Their website says American made but you never know when something is actually "made" or "assembled" in the USA.

I agree...I wouldn't pay full price, but for what they're charging, I'll kick the tires.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I've seen a bunch of this stuff on sale lately all over the place at ridiciulous pricing and was considering investing in some. Any thoughts/experience with their quality? Any reason why it would be dumped on the market?
    Last I knew, early BW = Uncle Mikes. Unknown if there was a change along the way.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score

LA Police Gear

Several Blackwater gear items are on mega sale at LA Police Gear. I guess I need a vest and they have some pretty low prices on a few models . Even if the stuff does not last, at least I would get to know what I like and what I don't like for a minimal investment. I have bought a few things from them in the past and had good service.

Elkhound
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Picked up a Blackwater Gear G36 double mag pouch from a local shop for $18 a couple months back...almost perfectly fits two PMags with Ranger plates

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

Most of my Blackwater gear in ACU and Multicam is made here, some in Tan and Black is made in the Philppines. IMO, this gear is underrated. I picked up a whole mess of there gear for myself and a couple of buddies (all of which gets used) a year or two ago with no issues whatsoever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast