Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackwater Gear Quality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I picked up this mag pouch and a single point sling on the cheap from a local retailer because he just wanted to get rid of the stuff after the Baghdad event...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Blackwater Discreet Rifle Case

I just picked up the Blackwater discreet rifle case on clearance.

I doubt it'll float if it went of the side of your swift boat (like an Eagle case) , but for protection for a 16" carbine stored in the trunk it works well.

I also placed an order for the BW "IO" M4 double mag pouch that uses hook and loop fastening?. I am waiting on these and hope they are indeed
    "interoperable".

GEEZER

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I picked this up last week to replace my worn tac vest carrier at work. This had an Uncle Mike's tag on it. Nothing about were is was made. I will throw it in the trunk everyday and probably wear it very little. I figure if a get a couple of years out of the plate carrier it will be worth the 50 dollars. Sorry about the crappy pics. David

Feedback Score

Question

xxxxx
    Last edited by PALADIN-hgwt; 07-08-09 at 22:04.
    Qui Me Tangit Paenitebit (he who touches me will repent)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My understanding was that Blackwater Gear was their own outfit, but was purchased and made part of Michaels of Oregon, aka Uncle Mikes. I do not know if that is exactly what happened but it was run as a separate division at Michaels of Oregon.

Edited: The above is not true. Blackwater Gear was a partnership with Blackwater, Crye Associates, and Michaels of Oregon. Press release: http://www.policeone.com/police-prod...eleases/93071/ . The being run as a separate company more or less was true.

Even though I was a distributor for Michaels of Oregon, I could not get very much of it --- just the knives and the compression garments. The rest I had to deal directly with the BW Gear company, even though it was owned by Michaels of Oregon.

Fast forward to about 2 years ago. Bushnell buys out Michaels of Oregon. (Lots of previously made in America stuff like Butler Creek 10/22 mags and Hoppes BoreSnakes are now made in China). I suspect that Bushnell closed down the BW Gear operation as it did not really fit their business. This is speculation on my part but it fits.

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I called BWG 800 number and it went to Bushnell to ask if they still honored guarantees/warranties on gear.

They said any defects will be replaced if in production.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12