Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt 9MM OEM Magazines

Feedback Score
    CDNN always has decent prices on metalform mags.
    http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/...l#.VThiRyc4nK4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I purchased the Brownell's 3 pack a few weeks ago. Except for the finish, they are identical to my Colt marked and non marked Metalforms. So far I've got 480 rounds through them mostly on full auto. No issues at all and I wouldn't think twice about buying more.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    I've used ASC mags in my 6450 without any problems. Just lucky, I guess. Here is a pic with a 20 rounder.
    Awesome little SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Metalform had been the OEM for 9mm Colt mags since the SMG came out in the early 1980s.

For a period of about a year, during the 1st Obama panic, Colt used the ASC/C products mags with orange follower. They have since gone back to Metalform. The orange follower mags are hit and miss.

I would not buy the Brownells version of the Colt Metalform mag. I have reason to believe these are some type of factory seconds.

I would only buy Colt marked or blank OEM Metalform mags.
    I just bought a pair of Colt 32 round 9mm magazines. They were NOS stamped 6/98. I have one Metalform 32 round mag. The difference in loading was night and day. The newer Metalform was pretty easy. The pressure required for the two 6/98 Colts was uncomfortable. From the outside they look like identical magazines. After I shoot them today I will strip them and cl an them. It could have been an issue cleaning will solve. They could also be a difference in the springs used in 1998. They felt stiffer.

Either way I'm having fun! I'm going to the range with the kids today try different so I go and buffers in my 5" upper. The 16" is running great.

I need to put a set of BUIS on it then we're heading to the range.

Last edited by usmcvet; 04-01-16 at 21:56.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I have both the early mags stamped 'Metalform', a Colt OEM and the latest Brownells mags in 30s and 20s, they're all the same mag, same great quality. Other than the stamps I can't tell any difference.

I have ASC & CPD AR mags in 7.62x39, they're fine. But you won't find a better built mag than the Metalforms.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GI_Jared View Post
    CDNN always has decent prices on metalform mags.
    http://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines/...l#.VThiRyc4nK4
    That is a good price. I bought one at Brownells for a few bucks more when I ordered a Hahn mag block.

I bought a pair of 20's here:

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1826-meta...-magazine.aspx

Best price I found and in stock.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-26-16 at 19:17.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If anyone's interested, PSA is having a deal on their rebranded metalform mags for $20

I just ordered six

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KITTEN_FRENZY View Post
    If anyone's interested, PSA is having a deal on their rebranded metalform mags for $20

I just ordered six
    Thanks for the tip on this sale. It's a great deal on the metalform mags, but I only order when they go on sale!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by handlebar View Post
    I've used ASC mags in my 6450 without any problems. Just lucky, I guess. Here is a pic with a 20 rounder.
    I love the 20's. I just recived two in the mail a few days ago and the COLT SMG LULA magazine loader. I love that little loader! I've never used or felt the need for a mag loader before. This thing is a thumb saver!

Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    Thanks for the tip on this sale. It's a great deal on the metalform mags, but I only order when they go on sale!
    Thanks Frenzy. I just ordered from PSA. $19.99 is a great deal on a 32 round Metalform 9mm AR Mag! They have PSA's marking on the base plate.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-9...-magazine.html
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-29-16 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    I desperately need a mag loader for these things.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
    I desperately need a mag loader for these things.
    It is money well spent.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast