Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K MP7 pictures...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As superior as 5.56 is even in short 10.5" guns, I still think somewhere there is a niche for PDWs in PDW/pistol chamberings. Ear pro or not, a 10.5" AR will ROCK YOUR SHIT when fired from inside a vehicle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXinfidel View Post
    I had a friend over seas that used The Mp7 and Scar17 extensively. He said reliabilty was flawless and a short burst to the torso was always effective. He said specifically he could not remember an instance where a follow up burst was required. I'd kill to own one.
    That's funny. I know someone who saw the opposite. They had several instances where the hadjis seemed annoyed at getting shot with the 4.6 and had to be put down by a 5.56.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    That's funny. I know someone who saw the opposite. They had several instances where the hadjis seemed annoyed at getting shot with the 4.6 and had to be put down by a 5.56.
    Technically a 42 round burst is still a burst. Who knows maybe he was lucky enough to sink one in the upper spine everytime. I know it has nowhere near the potential of 5.56, but Its plenty to kill a human.

Feedback Score
    LAV's PDW episode from Season 1 of TAC TV. All of Season 1 is on YouTube now.

http://youtu.be/0Q8P7IQFb3E

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Dano5326;1877000]I know of no unit that uses mp7 and SCARs....

I believe a shot to the upper spine would have that efficacy but yes, ice picky is probably the best way to describe its method of wounding. Like I said, its no 5.56, but shot placement can remedy that.....Team 7 utilized many of MK-17s throughout Afghanistan, even as a DM gun.
    "Most of the things you read on internet gun websites is just bullshit anyway" Plato 315 B.C.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXinfidel View Post

I believe a shot to the upper spine would have that efficacy but yes, ice picky is probably the best way to describe its method of wounding. Like I said, its no 5.56, but shot placement can remedy that.....Team 7 utilized many of MK-17s throughout Afghanistan, even as a DM gun.
    I suspect the point Dano is making is that the MP7 isn't issued to white SOF elements. I suppose there could be some bleed over OCONUS, and I know in the past the tier 1 guys have been augmented on deployments with white SOF guys (sort of an informal tryout)... So I'm not saying what your friend told you isn't true. But it runs counter to the information I received first hand.

Now an MP7 with a can would probably be a great tool for sentry removal. But the examples I was provided were in running gunfights where you typically can't take slow, deliberate CNS shots.

My initial comment was in response to people stateside wanting MP7's. Yes they would be cool toys but anyone with illusions of using them for HD is asking to be disappointed IMO. That's just in relation to terminal ballistics. Nevermind the cost of an HK and the hard to find ammo. The dudes issued MP7's are extreme performers who are going to get better results than us no matter the weapon used. Maybe Dano can correct me if I'm wrong (don't want to give away TTP's), but isn't the 300BLK intended to replace the 4.6?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I suspect the point Dano is making is that the MP7 isn't issued to white SOF elements. I suppose there could be some bleed over OCONUS, and I know in the past the tier 1 guys have been augmented on deployments with white SOF guys (sort of an informal tryout)... So I'm not saying what your friend told you isn't true. But it runs counter to the information I received first hand.

Now an MP7 with a can would probably be a great tool for sentry removal. But the examples I was provided were in running gunfights where you typically can't take slow, deliberate CNS shots.

My initial comment was in response to people stateside wanting MP7's. Yes they would be cool toys but anyone with illusions of using them for HD is asking to be disappointed IMO. That's just in relation to terminal ballistics. Nevermind the cost of an HK and the hard to find ammo. The dudes issued MP7's are extreme performers who are going to get better results than us no matter the weapon used. Maybe Dano can correct me if I'm wrong (don't want to give away TTP's), but isn't the 300BLK intended to replace the 4.6?
    The information I have recieved is from a direct end user, that poked holes in people with the item. It is beyond a valid source of information. The comment was made that MP7s nor Mk-17s were utilized by any one unit, that is false.
    Nowhere have I disputed the fact that 4.6 has less than desireable performance, in fact, I did just the opposite. HOWEVER, turning an amazingly controlable bullet hose of 4.6 on someone's torso at close range will kill them, that is the only thing I have stated.
    "Most of the things you read on internet gun websites is just bullshit anyway" Plato 315 B.C.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I suspect that many different people have had different experiences with them, but what I've heard is that the MP7 is a poor killer when the target knows he's in a fight, but fine when he's staring into the dark thinking about the cock he got last Thursday.

If they would chamber them in something like 7.62x25 or 30 ARMCO I would love to have one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LOL. Well reguardless, my agency would never buy them, and our MP5s collect dust. So best I could hope for is at a MG shoot having my way with one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recent controlled ballistic test result in the L-Tech ammo being the best performer in the batch of fiver different ammo tested with 10% gel

LAV intorduced the L-Tech to the testing cadre at the local Metro PD that conducted the test. The L-Tech is loaded with the Barnes TSX and it is the heaviest of the lot tested.

Overall expansion is approximately .38" with 100% expansion, retain all of its weight and constant penetration @ 15", that is tested with four layers of denim.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast