Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new Smolt/Smython

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember reading an article about the Smython when I was a kid. Thanks for the post. Cool gun

Feedback Score
    That is a sweet piece, and your write-up was great. I've known of the Smythons for years, but didn't know that they were mating Colt barrels to S&W frames even before the Python. They also put a few Python barrels onto Rugers in that era, but I thing a Smython is more appealing.

FWIW, I had a six inch Python and a four inch Model 19-5. With most .38 loads, I found the 19 to shoot better, although neither was that fun to shoot with full house magnums. I ended up letting the Colt go and kept the 19. I don't really regret it, though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Years ago, you could get a Python bbl on a security six Ruger. A Cougar, I had one it was neat, sold it to buy Perazzi Trapgun.
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice!! When people see this, I don't think they realize how readily available python barrels were . It was not like it is today...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12