Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First not-totally-crap polymer lower?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

First not-totally-crap polymer lower?

I don't see the benefits of a polymer lower, but this may be interesting for some people...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ii-abuse-test/

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. That's a flashback.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I don't see the benefits of a polymer lower, but this may be interesting for some people...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...ii-abuse-test/
    The Cav15 has been around for a pretty long time. Way old news and honestly not even relevant in todays market.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    I had one of these on a 6.5 upper I hunted with for quite a while. That was a couple years ago before GWACS was selling them. They are certainly better than the other options but fixed stock and that pistol grip is terrible. Switched it out for aluminum...obviously.

I DO NOT get paid for my reviews.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    The Cav15 has been around for a pretty long time. Way old news and honestly not even relevant in todays market.
    Supposedly they made some revisions prior to this video.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Supposedly they made some revisions prior to this video.
    It's still the Cav lower revisions or not. Can paint a turd different colors and shape the turd differently... it's still a turd in the end.

This fills a VERY limited market. Not only is it polymer, which already cuts out almost every serious shooter, but it has a fixed stock that if damaged, renders the lower worthless. The whole idea of molding hard use area parts to a lower has always seemed well... meh as you can't replace them. Lifetime warrenty only applies if the company has product in to replace it, as well as stays in business.

In the end, it's just old news. Most people are just buying normal lowers these days especially considering you can get plain lowers and a stock for the same cost as the Cav in many cases.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not sure what config they are now, but the old ones had the fixed rifle stock but a carbean buffer tube. Why be married to the fixed and stuck with the CAR spring? Worst of both worlds.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Can paint a turd different colors and shape the turd differently... it's still a turd in the end.
    Which particular turd like qualities are you referring to?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does it seem like there's a strong correlation between obesity and gun possession?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjhvi8c0MF4#t=110

Not that either of these guys are disgusting. But they have the neo-classic tactical beer gut invariably found on every gun range in America.

Or am I a judgmental dick? I was glad to see some small exercise incorporated into their stages. Not enough, but at least it's there.

I just can't imagine taking my shirt off to climb on top of my wife, and have a laundry bag of body fat sagging out over my crotch. How unpleasant that would be for her.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    Which particular turd like qualities are you referring to?
    Everything.

1: Polymer lower.
    2: built in stock ... on a polymer lower
    3: rifle stock with carbine gas system. Why???
    4: stuck with the stock and pistol grip.
    5: did I mention again, it's a Polymer lower. There is 0 need for them.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast