Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Training with PMAGs vs USGI

Feedback Score
    33 (97%)
    Its possible something could be out of spec but I doubt it. I have several of each and no matter what method I try only the D&H give me problems. I tried searching for specs such as the magwell length/width and mag catch height but I could not find anything.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    If I had a known-good lower, and several brands of magazines, and only one brand of magazines gave me issues, I would not own any of the brand that didn't work in my gun.
    Just because a magazine doesn't work in your gun doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad mag, just that it is a bad mag for your gun.
    There are tolerance stack issues that can make good guns not work with good mags. There are also bad runs of good product.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I would bring both, in case you need back-ups. During the duration of the course use the mags that have proven themselves to be reliable in your weapon.

Feedback Score
    I just ran an advanced course with a bunch of D&H mags. They must be on the low end of the spec because they rattle like shit in the gun. I hadn't used them before, though, and wanted to see if it would affect functionality. I had numerous seating issues and had to SPORTS more than once. I never have any issues with my pmags or C Products. What I learned is that the D&H make ok training mags (I don't mind having a couple of issues during the day because it reinforces my ability to handle the situation in real life) but I won't bet my life on them. Defensive ammo will be kept in known good mags.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12