Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Updated: Governor to sign - Celebrate 2A victory in GA

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbeardsong View Post
    This law doesn't introduce guns to any new places. It just clarifies previous rulings and murky laws. For example, airport carry was already allowed under the previous law, but the city of Atlanta refused to follow the law, despite state law having preemption. This clarifies it. Bar carry was already allowed if the owner permitted license holders to carry. The state claimed that church carry was the same way, though that's not how the law was written. So this new law gets rid of the confusion and more clearly spells out the law, and removes the "opt-in" part for bar carry.
    Airport carry is a good thing. I worked at HJAIA for a while. The entire outer perimeter of the airport is a cesspool. I worked from 21:00 to 09:00 and some douche nozzle and his buddies surrounded my truck, and wanted to "wash my windows".

Not suspicious...except it was 02:00.

As stated, it's not necessarily the environment that restricts carry that is an unsavory area, so much as the ingress/egress thereof.

Before enlisting a buddy of mine worked at a bar/restaurant. One evening, after his shift, the bartender of the restaurant was kidnapped at gunpoint, and forced to drain his bank account at the ATM. The shitbirds left him at the bank and took off with his car.

I'll let you take bets on whether the urban entrepreneurs were ever apprehended....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    John Lott debating with anti gun talking head who does what they do best (1) ignore the data (2) invent facts:

Last edited by WillBrink; 04-28-14 at 17:56.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    John Lott debating with anti gun talking head who does what they do best (1) ignore the data (2) invent facts:
    Yep, now churches and schools and bars and airports are gonna be a free for all with gun toting lunatics just shootin everybody in the face....

What an idiot...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Yep, now churches and schools and bars and airports are gonna be a free for all with gun toting lunatics just shootin everybody in the face....

What an idiot...
    Yup, we saw exactly the same arguments here when CHL laws passed. Funny thing, the crime rate here in Texas has gone way down. Dallas has half the number of murders it did 15 years ago, with a bigger population. I remember when DPD Chief Rathburn was celebrating they had gone below a murder a day for the city. I think it hit over 440 one year.

I liked him, too. He was a good Chief.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In perennially blue Minnesota, carry in bars, churches, and Government buildings, including open carry, has been the law for 11 years without blood running in the streets. Bloomberg was run out of the state on a rail last year.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    In perennially blue Minnesota, carry in bars, churches, and Government buildings, including open carry, has been the law for 11 years without blood running in the streets. Bloomberg was run out of the state on a rail last year.
    Allow me to offer a very large tip of the Stetson to the good people of Minnesota!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456