Thread: Kydex Pouches for SF Z2?

Feedback Score

Kydex Pouches for SF Z2?

I need to find a suitable carrier for a Z2. Looked at the Blade-Tech, and while it looks like a nice unit I noticed that it covers up so much of the light that it would be hard to grab it by the ring to deploy it using the Rogers Technique.

So, gents: any suggestions as to alternatives? What do you like, and more importantly why?
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about the standard Surefire V70 holster? I've been using one for years at work for use with a Z2, Gladius, 6P, G2, G2LED, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    How about the standard Surefire V70 holster? I've been using one for years at work for use with a Z2, Gladius, 6P, G2, G2LED, etc.
    Actually in my rush to spend more money than I need to, I hadn't thought of that. So thanks
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Feedback Score
    Z2 will go bezel down with enough room to grab the ring NC?

In all the pics I've seen so far (the product shots) they are rolling bezel UP.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Check out Comp-Tac

This close to what you're looking for? I use one with a Z2, works great. Comp-Tac makes a great product and their customer service is excellent.

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog/prod...a5411922628edf

Feedback Score
    Indeed, thanks for the suggestion

Feedback Score
    JLM,

You can run the Z2 bezel down and it gives more grabbing surface, but does not have as strong of a hold as bezel up. I run mine weak side rear, and it has fallen out while seated a few times with the light bezel down. If you wear it on the front of your body, this problem goes away. It really is a great product though..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you run the light bezel down you should be able to fit most of the light into your hand with no issue. I've ran and fought people for several years using the the bezel down method and have yet to have my light come out when I didnt want it to. Now, if you use a platic head G2, you might see it happen. The G2s dont fit as snuggly as the the metal head lights (6P, Z2, etc).

I use the V70 on my duty belt, my 1st line belt for classes, and my MOLLE belt