Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prototype Ultralight Chest Rig

Feedback Score
    Good point, by the time you need to reload, the noise of velcro is pretty much moot. I'd still rather have the shock cord though.

Feedback Score
    the whole point of this concept is to SIMPLIFY and REDUCE weight by OMITTING certain perceived expectations in feature set.

you have a pocket with a simple lid and closure

Feedback Score
    As I perceive it, that's the great thing about Diz.....He's like Burger King, you can have it "your way". I've allready e:mailed him with my personal needs.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My idea for the .308 rig would be this.

H type harness with the split front for easy on/off. Four pouches total with the center two as singles but with dual snaps/velcro to accomodate the mag with or without a Magpul. The outside two to hold two mags each, again with dual snaps to accomodate the mags with or without Magpuls.

If not going with the split front, then still do the H harness with fastening on the sides(two straps) instead of the criss-cross over the head mess.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Here is a further refinement of the idea. This time I removed all binding tape from the design and worked to make it all cordura, including the shoulder straps. Minimal webbing and hardware to connect straps around back. Still used top flaps on the pouches but next time will take a look at shock cord pull tabs. I am also refining the armor carrier to also make it cleaner and more low profile.

Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is one of the nicest things I have ever seen. GREAT JOB!

Feedback Score
    This is nothing compared to the guy whose work I saw at SOFIC. Unfortunately, he only makes gear for "those guys" so his stuff is unavailable at this time. I did get to meet him though and he's an awesome dude. We talked about design theory and I'm trying to get up to speed with what he's doing. For those that require it, low profile, light weight, increased mobility.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Nice nice work.

Feedback Score
    Diz

may consider 1" / 1.5" webbing for pouch covers too.

1" is what I am using for the flapjack rig

Feedback Score
    10-4, I'm looking at that, as well as shock cord pull tabs.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast