Thread: KAC's new "E3" Bolt!

Feedback Score

KAC's new "E3" Bolt!

I have been looking hard at KAC's new SR15 IWS (or whatever they have named it), and I am really most impressed by the new E3 bolt Knights has come up with. It looks strong, and worthy.
    Regardless of whether it's really needed to create a reliable AR platform, it's just so nice to see at least one manufacturer out there who is consistently bringing new, innovative products to the industry, which are not strictly cosmetic/modular upgrades for the AR platform. I am very interested to see how this new E3 bolt performs.
    I would like to ask if anyone here knows IF the new E3 bolt will have it's own proprietary bbl extension, OR will it work in any standard bbl/bbl extension?
    I would THINK that it would indeed work in any bbl extension, but you never know with Knights.
    Will the new E3 bolt ALSO work in standard carriers?

I have heard that the new E3 will now be standard in all KAC AR platforms, in both 5.56 and 7.62.
    So, my final question would be in regards to availability? I realize no one can know for sure (or can they?), but has anyone received word that these new E3 bolts will be available for seperate purchase here in the near future? Or, in the far off, distant future?
    I don't suppose anyone is lucky enough to have attained a price range either eh? Sorry, I shouldn't push my luck like that. !
    Just had to ask. This E3 really has me interested.
    I would love to get confirmation that these new E3's WILL INDEED work in any standard bbl extension, AND carrier, so that I could possibly obtain and install one in an AR10 build I've got coming.
    Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It does use a proprietary barrel extension.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    I have been looking hard at KAC's new SR15 IWS (or whatever they have named it), and I am really most impressed by the new E3 bolt Knights has come up with. It looks strong, and worthy.
    Regardless of whether it's really needed to create a reliable AR platform, it's just so nice to see at least one manufacturer out there who is consistently bringing new, innovative products to the industry, which are not strictly cosmetic/modular upgrades for the AR platform. I am very interested to see how this new E3 bolt performs.
    I would like to ask if anyone here knows IF the new E3 bolt will have it's own proprietary bbl extension, OR will it work in any standard bbl/bbl extension?
    I would THINK that it would indeed work in any bbl extension, but you never know with Knights.
    Will the new E3 bolt ALSO work in standard carriers?

I have heard that the new E3 will now be standard in all KAC AR platforms, in both 5.56 and 7.62.
    So, my final question would be in regards to availability? I realize no one can know for sure (or can they?), but has anyone received word that these new E3 bolts will be available for seperate purchase here in the near future? Or, in the far off, distant future?
    I don't suppose anyone is lucky enough to have attained a price range either eh? Sorry, I shouldn't push my luck like that. !
    Just had to ask. This E3 really has me interested.
    I would love to get confirmation that these new E3's WILL INDEED work in any standard bbl extension, AND carrier, so that I could possibly obtain and install one in an AR10 build I've got coming.
    Thanks guys.

They are supposed to be available in the next 60 days.

They will ONLY work on E3 rifles, as the bolt demands a proprietary bbl extension.

They will wor in whatever carrier you see necessary to use.

I have not heard of a civie version of the E3 bolt making its way to any available SR-25 design..

Price range is going to be around the $2k mark, considering whats coming with them (SOPMOD STOCK, URX Rail system, 2-stage trigger, hammer forged barrel, e3 bolt, integrated front sight, integrated sling swivels) its a good deal

Feedback Score
    Derek,
    Yes, I know the IWS GUNS are coming, however, just to be clear, are you saying that you do not feel KAC will offer the E3 bolts seperately?
    I wonder if it would be possible to obtain a proprietary bbl extension, and an E3 bolt for an AR10?
    Would be nice to install said bbl extension onto my new custom bbl, and put an E3 bolt in my Armalite build.
    I suppose I'm dreaming though. Probably won't even be possible eh?
    Thanks guys.

On a seperate note, just for information purposes, as I have always wondered, HOW does a bbl extension remove from a bbl? Does it simply UNSCREW, OR is there more to it than that? Seems I recall they are pinned in place, by the bbl alignment pin, after they are screwed on? Is this correct? I've never had a need to mess with one before.