Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So The SIG P227 Is Still Gonna Be A POS Right...?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nra-Life-Member View Post
    Who is Cohen?
    He's the dude running Sig Sauer these days and some say responsible for the degradation of the quality and brand as a whole. I've carried a Sig every day going on 18 years and have observed first hand the lapse in quality. Sig should stick to what made them "Sig".

Sig ain't what it used to be...Golden Dragon, Nightmare, Black Diamond Plate, Oooo Ahhh Carry Nightmare, ...please. But I digress...Ron Cohen is the President and CEO of Sig Sauer.
    Last edited by orlanger; 03-25-14 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orlanger View Post
    He's the dude running Sig Sauer these days and some say responsible for the degradation of the quality and brand as a whole. I've carried a Sig every day going on 18 years and have observed first hand the lapse in quality. Sig should stick to what made them "Sig".

Sig ain't what it used to be...Golden Dragon, Nightmare, Black Diamond Plate, Oooo Ahhh Carry Nightmare, ...please. But I digress...Ron Cohen is the President and CEO of Sig Sauer.
    I agree that Sig makes some dumbshit, but the P series are still solid performers in my experience.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

My dealer always references someone at Sig as SILVER TONGUE - is this him??

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    ...but the P series are still solid performers in my experience.

I agree. But not as good as they once were.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I agree. But not as good as they once were.
    Just curious, but what issues have you had?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    Never before have I wanted a handgun that I have so much "fair warning" about. SIG finally comes out with a double stack .45 P series. It has everything I want in a high capacity .45 from ergos to light rails.

But every time I look at it I think COHEN. Haven't heard of any QC developments or improvements at SIG. Still the same right?
    I still think that the P226/P229/P220 are good to go. I think a P227 is worth the risk going in.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gun71530 View Post
    Just curious, but what issues have you had?

PM inbound

Feedback Score
    maybe if sigs weren't as expensive as they are I would get one...

with gssf pricing the glock 41 is like $507 - easy pick in my book

Feedback Score
    I just bought one and first impressions are good. I have a casual 800 rounds through it, but so far its been 100%. What kind info/ testing would you guys want to see if one were to do a review? I'm interested in doing some sort of write up with photos, and I do plan to shoot the shit out of it at the range and in classes to see how it holds up.

Feedback Score
    I just had to have one even though I'm a 1911 guy. Picked up a standard full size nitron with rail. I also dropped in a short reset kit since the Sig guys say that is a must-have.

I've been leery of Sigs due to the Cohen factor also (along with a crappy SigPro many years ago), but figured the P series would be good to go. About 500 rounds thru it, but I had a bad magazine that was causing some FTFs. No more problems since the mag was shipped back to Sig. I've just got to learn how to shoot a DA/SA, along with changing my grip so my thumb doesn't ride the slide release lever. I say go for it!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast