Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My new S&W Model 19-3

Feedback Score
    Beautiful gun! Been looking for a Model 66 (model 19 in stainless) here in California for quite awhile. No luck at all

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice. I'm a pretty confirmed DA wheelgunner myself. A couple of years ago I picked up a slightly tired 19-3 4" police trade in, and sent it in to S&W to tighten it up. They set the barrel back two turns and recut the forcing cone as there are no more new barrels--giving me the equivalent of a mechanically new gun. It still had a fair amount of holster wear. I'm a sucker for strays, and I thought I'd finish the job and sent it into Ford's for their Master blue. By all accounts their work is superb, if slow.

I figure that this will fill the space left when I foolishly sold a new M19 without giving it a fair trial back around 1974, and maybe the gods will be pleased that a onetime doggy gun will be restored to its former glory.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is a great looking 19! I tried to find a clean one for months and ended up going with a 686... Have fun with it!

Feedback Score
    Smith has killed all the good old guns. Other than the L frames (686, 586) they have no revolvers that interest me. It's sad!
    There are only 2 things we should fight for. One is defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.

Gen. Smedley Butler, USMC

Feedback Score
    Beauty

Feedback Score
    19/66. The most handsome revolvers Smith ever made.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a 4" P&R 19-3 about 10 years ago, great gun. But I wanted more of a beater so I scored a GP100, which are famously overbuilt so I could shoot the piss out of it and bang it around in the woods with heavy loads. Plus if it gets lost out there it's not the end of the world. My dad used to carry an identical 19 when he was a cop so I let him hold onto the Smith for me. He also has a Dan Wesson now so maybe I should try and get my S&W back.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    Love the older Smiths. I only have a M27-2 (5") now, but had a 66 that has been "gone" for 15 years and I still miss it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weggy View Post
    Smith has killed all the good old guns. Other than the L frames (686, 586) they have no revolvers that interest me. It's sad!
    Wow, I'm just the opposite. I'm a big fan of most all the L and N frame Performance center guns, especially the 327 TRR8. As I can afford it, I like to acquire the older pre-lock models too. So far I have a 10-5, a 60-10, and a 686-3. Love them all.

Feedback Score
    I bought my 19-3 used in 1984 for $250. No box, papers or anything. Just a holster. My other half has a 19-4 with a 6-inch barrel. Hers is more fun to shoot.

Gary
    Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government agency.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast