Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I did a little experiment earlier this year. I bought a new P-07 from CGW with the Pro-Package installed, which includes full polishing, race hammer, etc. While I was waiting for that, I picked up a new P-09 and installed the short reset parts, an extended firing pin, and re-sprung her with a 15 lb. main. My opinion based on these two examples is that no, the polishing has minimal benefit......way less than the 75 series for example, of which I have worked on many. I actually prefer the DA 'feel' of the P-09 with it's factory hammer to the '07 with it's race hammer and oversize roller bushing. And the SA break with the factory hammer is a very shootable, rolling break with the 15 lb. main. The mainspring usually has minimal effect on the SA break, but with the factory hammer and it's positive angle, deep hammer hooks, the lighter spring is very noticeable.

The parts are stupid easy to install yourself. I'd add the extended firing pin and a slightly lighter mainspring along with the short reset parts, and call it a day.

I like the factory sights fine, they're much better than the earlier model plastic sights. I left the stock sights on my P-09, and have the H-Tac sight from CZ Custom on one of my 07's. Love 'em.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by highxj View Post
    I did a little experiment earlier this year. I bought a new P-07 from CGW with the Pro-Package installed, which includes full polishing, race hammer, etc. While I was waiting for that, I picked up a new P-09 and installed the short reset parts, an extended firing pin, and re-sprung her with a 15 lb. main. My opinion based on these two examples is that no, the polishing has minimal benefit......way less than the 75 series for example, of which I have worked on many. I actually prefer the DA 'feel' of the P-09 with it's factory hammer to the '07 with it's race hammer and oversize roller bushing. And the SA break with the factory hammer is a very shootable, rolling break with the 15 lb. main. The mainspring usually has minimal effect on the SA break, but with the factory hammer and it's positive angle, deep hammer hooks, the lighter spring is very noticeable.

The parts are stupid easy to install yourself. I'd add the extended firing pin and a slightly lighter mainspring along with the short reset parts, and call it a day.

I like the factory sights fine, they're much better than the earlier model plastic sights. I left the stock sights on my P-09, and have the H-Tac sight from CZ Custom on one of my 07's. Love 'em.
    Thanks, the CGW now has the extended firing pin for the Short Reset, and again, meat paws and I have like no tools as of right now. I have no issues tearing down my fishing reel, building my computer etc. When it comes to doing work on my gun, apart from truly simple jobs, I just feel more comfortable having a professional do it.

Thanks, I may just have the polishing done then just because I like things nice and smooth etc when it is ok to have them that way.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Picked up a P07 for Christmas.

One problem.

I love my M&P 9C a lot less now.

The P07 is very accurate and came with a 50mm factory test target.

The barrel to slide fit is incredibly tight, with almost zero perceptible play.

I ordered up all the CGW fixin's and looking forward to installing those parts, especially the gold 15# main spring to replace the factory 20# spring.

Just a few thoughts.

The recoil spring is really strong.

Shooting standard 115 and 124 gr loads, the cases dribbled out and landed a foot or two away.

Several cases hit me in the top of the head.

I had a failure to lock back with 115gr Magtech.

Apparently, the P07 uses the same spring as the P09 with a 20# rating, but with 3/4" more preload.

This turns a strong spring into an very strong spring.

I'm looking for options.

Does a G19 RSA drop right in?

Are there other cost effective options available?

The magazines.

The mags function OK, but when manually stripping rounds out, the "snick" of the stack moving up seems pretty soft on the first five rounds out.

It firms up after that.

The mag springs are interchangeable with M&P full size mag springs.

The CZ mags actually seem to work better with the the M&P springs.

The tension is more consistent on those first five rounds.

Seating the mag on a closed slide with 15 rounds is also significantly easier with the M&P spring.

Given this recoil spring issues, magazine spring issues and the fact that most of the "must have" CGW upgrades are springs, I have to wonder about CZ and their approach to springs.

Do they have a completely different philosophy regarding springs, or do they just not have a very good grasp on the art of spring making?

Does the CZ really need S&W mag springs and Glock recoil springs to perform its best?

The P07 seems like a bit of a project at this point, with incredible potential that requires a little careful research and execution to realize.
    Last edited by Clint; 12-28-14 at 22:31.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Offhand, no on a G19 RSA. best option I've seen so far is to run a cgw SS guide rod with a Wolff g19 16-17# spring. Can't remember right away, there's a thread on the cz forums about the p07 being oversprung.

I honestly haven't noticed the mag issues or the dribbling, but then again, I'm running full power 124-147gr loads, or slightly hot 115gr loads.

Version I got had been worked on by a friend, and with just part of the defensive carry package and some polishing, it was pretty good.

Feedback Score
    I have had none of those issues, have replaced no springs other than hammer spring and had zero performance issue. I have dropped in SRT kits from CGW on 2 of my guns and 2 for others and they have had no issues so I am at a loss to answer in any way. If it works for you roll with it but I have seen none of that personally with the 5 guns (three P07 and two P09) that I have as well as the 6 I have very much exposure to so again I have not seen that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ONLY handling the CZ P07/09 in the lgs, I find the DA to be decently light albeit a bit gritty - but seems easily useable. So a polish doesn't 'do it' for the P series?

How is your accuracy compared to you M&P? What is the date of mfg for the M&P?

How positive is the safety if you use it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Handling a new gun is usually not indicitive to how it will shoot after 500-1000rds. Polishing the internals works well but does not effect the reset or any of the take-up. At a minimum it makes sense to put an extended firing pin and a reduced power hammer spring to make it an extremely nice DA/SA. The hammer hooks on the CZ Custom and Cajun Gun Works hammers make a tremendous difference in the SA break. The short reset kit and hammer are well worth the investment.

I have 5 M&P's: 9C (2012), 45C (2011), 9 (2008 and 2013), 40 w/thumb-safety (2008). The 9C, 45C w thumb safety and the 2013 9mm are all great shooters and the fullsize 9 is easily a 2.5" gun or better at 25. both compacts are solid 3" guns at 25. the 2008 M&P's had terrible barrel fit and chronic slide-stop breakage. With KKM barrels they are about 3.5" guns (down from 6" stock barrel groups). The safety is positive but IMO should be heavier to keep it from inadvertant movement to fire.

Accuracy performance on all my CZ P-series guns has been 2" or better. The barrel fit is phenomenal and very consistent (think sight height and centering) making replacement sights very easy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So how much to make a p07 'right?' $200?

Feedback Score
    It's not making "it right" it is making it even better and yes that's probably $200 if you want it trick. If you don't care about the long-ish reset go the budget route. For about $50 get an extended firing pin and a reduced power hammer spring. With that the trigger will be about the same weight but reset will be a little longer and there might be some very mild (read' aren't perceptible' )hammer movement after you take-up the slack. I shot one for over 7500 rounds with those mods and it ran very nicely. I'm finicky about triggers so I opted for the SRT and felt it worth it for my shooting style and likes.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    So how much to make a p07 'right?' $200?
    The short reset kit and the extended firing pin are essentials in my mind IF you're going to touch the gun so about 130 bones.

The hammers are nice but definitely not essential to drastically improving the trigger.

The gun in stock form is perfectly shootable, just as shootable as any Glock right out of the box.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast