Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    I release the slide with my support hand thumb as I reestablish grip after a reload. Little far for me to hit with the dominate thumb but doesn't slow me down much. Gathering quite the polymer collection of cz's. P07, p09, and now an sp01 phantom. All have been cajun gun works equiped.
    Some of he reviewers puzzle over the SR, and so did I until I realized it made weak hand release easier than conventional 'small' releases.

Please tell us the difference in shooting the P07/09 and Phantom. When I went DA/SA, I first almost went P07, then I went P99 and SP 2022 (both fine), and now I'm back to CZ. Past year I wanted a Phantom, but still went P07. I would NOT mind a Phantom - but wonder how they shoot in comparison. Can you fill me in?

(Yes the P series is simpler, but I don't think the Phantom is all that complex. The biggest deal is a slave pin for the sear block to deal with the decocker, as in any decocker CZ 75 series of gun. Not that much harder.
    Last edited by m4brian; 02-19-18 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just relaxed my Trigger Bar Support Spring.

Waiting until payday to invest in a rotary tool and some felt.

Once my springs get in, I will be spending some time polishing up the surfaces mentioned in those pages.

As you discussed the first couple pages and page 7 are great pieces of information. Also will be adding a CGW DA Roller if I can find it on their website. Really excited to do a detail strip of this firearm, clean all the surfaces up, and do some polishing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    Some of he reviewers puzzle over the SR, and so did I until I realized it made weak hand release easier than conventional 'small' releases.

Please tell us the difference in shooting the P07/09 and Phantom. When I went DA/SA, I first almost went P07, then I went P99 and SP 2022 (both fine), and now I'm back to CZ. Past year I wanted a Phantom, but still went P07. I would NOT mind a Phantom - but wonder how they shoot in comparison. Can you fill me in?

(Yes the P series is simpler, but I don't think the Phantom is all that complex. The biggest deal is a slave pin for the sear block to deal with the decocker, as in any decocker CZ 75 series of gun. Not that much harder.
    The P-09 is by far the one with the least perceived recoil.

The P-07 has less perceived recoil than a Glock 19 due to hammer and bore axis.

The CZ-75 Phantom has more perceived recoil than either of these two but the ergonomics are better with the Phantom of you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The P-09 is by far the one with the least perceived recoil.

The P-07 has less perceived recoil than a Glock 19 due to hammer and bore axis.

The CZ-75 Phantom has more perceived recoil than either of these two but the ergonomics are better with the Phantom of you ask me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good - thanks! Makes sense. I think the Phantom has more felt recoil because of the recoil spring setup. But they do sit well in the hand.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just ordered an OD Green 2018 P07 with the factory night sights and new LCI extractor for $450 shipped. Hopefully I get a good factory trigger. I will probably only change out the TRS and Firing pin retaining pin.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    Just ordered an OD Green 2018 P07 with the factory night sights and new LCI extractor for $450 shipped. Hopefully I get a good factory trigger. I will probably only change out the TRS and Firing pin retaining pin.
    That's an excellent price. If you are already changing out the FPRP, consider the extended firing pin and plunger spring - then get the 15 LB mainspring. WHy? Because, IMHO a lighter DA is a good thing and allows you to be as accurate as you are in SA. I got an UG P09 that was totally smooth OTB, but I still wanted a lighter DA. And MOST guns with the EFP and reduced mainspring WILL be reliable. I run Wolf (hard primers for sure) and I'm 100% with most P guns set up this way. American primers are much easier to light.

But, shoot a few hundred rounds prior to the changes - see what you have first. And it there is grit, dry fire it a few thousand times with an o-ring.

Please report back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What O ring are you using? I have been using a foam ear plug, but it feels almost like having a pillow under the hammer.

New sight company with an HD like option for the 07/09:

https://www.nightfision.com/product/...hts-for-cz-usa

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It’s fat. I think 78. Ear plugs are better for old school SIGS.

Feedback Score
    I can't find my pack of O rings but I think I have been using 83

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    An O-ring is unnecessary with an upgraded firing pin retaining pin.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast