Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How practical is condition 1 carry with this? Is the safety ergonomic enough for that?

I was thinking if trading my PPQ for something new, this looks like it would fit the bill.
    Last edited by SpookyPistolero; 09-13-14 at 16:57.
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk_Ghost View Post
    Tell me this, where are you guys finding spare mags for these pistols?

CZ USA, CZ Custom, Natchess, Midway, CDNN. Check all and at least one will have them in either or both calibers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipper78 View Post
    This pic shows the difference in the beavertail, duty model on the left. The softer angles on the slide and shorter beavertail are supposed to make it more comfortable for concealed carry.
    Attachment 28236
    The wider beavertail on the Gen 2 is a godsend. I'm still having to wear tape around the base of my RH thumb when I shoot my 75 as its narrow, sharp edged beavertail chews the shit out of the skin on the base of the thumb.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    The wider beavertail on the Gen 2 is a godsend. I'm still having to wear tape around the base of my RH thumb when I shoot my 75 as its narrow, sharp edged beavertail chews the shit out of the skin on the base of the thumb.
    Agree. I feel the P series beavertail is superior to that of the 75B or the SP-01s.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I actually liked the older p series beaver tail but the newer one is more carry friendly. Anyway nice to cz to makes some ergonomic changes to the p07/09!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bnanaphone View Post
    You guys have piqued my interest in these pistols greatly. CC556, I would like to hear your impressions shooting the P-09 with RMR. I have an M&P pro with an RM04 machined into the slide, which I enjoy, but variety is the spice of life.
    I shot it a bit this past weekend. Having practiced draws a lot at home during dry-fire practice I found I was able to draw and be on target very quickly, I didn't feel slower than with irons. As many here have discovered the CZs are very easy to control, and even when shooting quickly I never lost the dot during recoil. Of course accurate fire at longer distance was helped as well by the dot. I was plinking with some friends, so I didn't do a walkback drill or shoot at a whole bunch of different distances but both myself and a buddy were shooting 30-40% on a 1/4scale TacStrike target from 100 yards (standing, unsupported.) Much closer than that and I'm sure misses would get rarer and rarer.

One thing the dot really does lay bare is trigger control, and I found that when I was shooting with irons I was certain I wanted the small backstrap. Now, with the dot, I'm not so sure of that. While the grip feels good in my hand I noticed that the trigger reach is shorter than I'd prefer and it took more concentration than I expected to not move the dot as I curled my trigger finger ever further rearward to break the shot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I use the large backstraps for that very reason.

The grip size itself is pretty good any way you slice the pie, whether it be small, medium or large but the CZ series of pistols tends to favor a single action break that has a relatively short reach overall.

I went to the large backstrap to stretch the trigger reach just a bit and it is much better. Not perfect, but much better. Ive somewhat resigned myself to the fact that a proper trigger reach will never be achieved for ME with the CZ platform of pistols.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    I've tried one, very nice pistol out of the box. I prefer P01/02 frame though

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why do you say that, splittime?
    I've been very much eyeing the p07 as a replacement for my g19 because I love czs and my first love is a 75bd

That said I recently saw a pcr that called to me due to the same ergonomics and trigger....

I am conflicted, and would love to hear your opinion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewd yasu View Post
    Why do you say that, splittime?
    I've been very much eyeing the p07 as a replacement for my g19 because I love czs and my first love is a 75bd

That said I recently saw a pcr that called to me due to the same ergonomics and trigger....

I am conflicted, and would love to hear your opinion
    As i said P07 is very good pistol, but grip feels different to me then p02. Its just my personal preference. If you can find one locally try it for your self.

Page 55 of 87 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast