Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Point taken, I've taken that from things I've heard. But I would like to get my hands on one and put it through its paces.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    My guess is that it is because they are more accurate than a Glock or M&P, very reliable and are inexpensive.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMiller View Post
    Point taken, I've taken that from things I've heard. But I would like to get my hands on one and put it through its paces.
    They're available online right now. Also, CZ USA shows P07 mags in stock and a whole mountain of P09 mags in stock.

Feedback Score
    I'm running one and I like it. I found a lightly used one for an extremely low price so I gave it a go. I have two criticisms, 1) magazine cost is in the HK range. Not a deal breaker but the P07 mags are different form older CZ mags. 2) The sights that came on mine where plastic, Glock-like sights, since replaced by CZ night sights.
    Bore axis is low, not the lowest but it does make recoil from a lightweight pistol seem less. I find the DA first shot manageable and the SA follow up light. Reset is good. Accuracy is also very good. I can easily get head shots on a USPSA or IDPA target at 25 yards with my reloads using plated Xtreme bullets. My indoor range tops out at 25yrds so that's all I have.

The mags leap from the grip when the mag release is hit. No wiggling as I see in other pistols. It points naturally for me. So far 100% reliable after I discovered it doesn't like COAL's over XXX [can't remember actual number, my reloads]. 1/2 into a 2000 round test, no cleaning, no lube and hasn't slowed down.

Long term durability undetermined by me. I hear Mr. Pannone's has gone 12,000.

Feedback Score
    I have a modded SP-01 that I shoot USPSA with and use as my EDC, I've had a mental block about a polymer CZ but I think I'm going to take the plunge and grab a P-07 for EDC. I had an M&P for that role and just didn't like it.

Feedback Score
    The bore axis is about 3/16" higher based on back-strap/bore axis dimensions but the addition of a hammer adds to the force holding the slide locked longer. Striker fired guns tend to unlock faster. For that very reason my LW 1911 CCO in 9mm shoots softer than my G19,17 or 35. Bore axis is critical when it is dramatic and on the same locking/mechanical system. I shoot both and the P-series guns shoot softer, especially the P09. There is absolutely no way not to notice when you shoot them side by side. That said my P09 shoots softer than my SP01 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Softer recoil? how could it be? the bore axis is much higher than the glocks?

I have a CZ75B, while not the same as the 09 because it's all steel, it is soft shooting and very accurate. It's probably the softest shooting 9mm I've ever shot, that's including 1911s, Beretta, High Power, etc. The only gun that has lesser recoil is the SP01 Shadow, but that thing is much heavier too due to its accessory rail.

Feedback Score
    You won't regret it! I have a single pin G19 I have carried for well over a decade (I got it the first year of rails on the G19 and have shot the barrel out of it) and I replaced it with the P07 after a few hundred rounds and all I did for upgrades was add some drop-in parts. An extended firing pin (to get positive ignition with the RP hammer spring) and a reduced power hammer spring and the DA is dramatically reduced. It is dimensionally the same as a G19 with one more round in a flush-fit magazine. I carry it as an EDC and use P-series for training and sport as well...and I can choose from any steel, alloy or polymer gun. My first P07 has 17,000rds without any parts breakage or replacement (to include trigger return spring) and I was hitting an 8" plate yesterday D/A at 50 more than 70% of the time. The barrel lock-up is great from the factory and all in all it's a great gun. The 2014 guns have replaceable back-strap and front cocking serrations. It's worth the investment and with the same or less work than a Glock it will stun you performance wise. Truly an under-appreciated design. **I receive no compensation from CZ-USA monetary or otherwise**

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I was at the Pannone Covert Carry class this weekend (great class BTW) and he was running the P-07 with some enhancements. This gun is smaller than a Glock 19, was more accurate and had softer recoil.
    Smaller than a Glock 19 or a Glock 17?

According to the P07 on CZ's website:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZP-07/

Length 7.2 in
    Height 5.3 in
    Width 1.46 in
    Bbl 3.8 in
    Weight 1.7 lbs

vs Glock 19

Length 6.85 in
    Height 5 in
    Width 1.18 in
    Bbl 4.02 in
    Weight 1.31 lbs

Is there a different model/version of the P07?

I have been in the market for a hammer fired DA/SA that is G19 sized or smaller and the only thing I have found is HK P2000, HK USPc or a Beretta PX4 Compact. None of them tickled by purchase bone when I played with them.

If this is a misprint on the CZ website, or I looked at the wrong model, please let me know. I would really be interested in looking at one but since they are fairly rare around here, I would probably have to order one.

Feedback Score
    A.jpgA1.jpgA2.jpg I never said "smaller" and I didn't say "exactly" but they are nearly identical for carry...so much so that many of my holsters will take both and my X300 with tape switch for a Glock fits both with near perfect fit on the P07/09. I physically look at and extensively shoot guns before I comment since numbers can be deceiving when they are that close. If you want a smaller gun I'd recommend an M&PC. They are between a G26 and a G19 and mine with stock barrel can hit a 1/4 size IPSC at 50 all day long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPDer_IWi4 Put an Apex hard sear and an Apex striker disconnect plunger and spring in it and you'll have a great carry trigger with a full power striker spring. Mine has Dawson Charger tritium sights but I am starting to go to fiber optic for everything...a different thread son to come.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter View Post
    Smaller than a Glock 19 or a Glock 17?

According to the P07 on CZ's website:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/CZP-07/

Length 7.2 in
    Height 5.3 in
    Width 1.46 in
    Bbl 3.8 in
    Weight 1.7 lbs

vs Glock 19

Length 6.85 in
    Height 5 in
    Width 1.18 in
    Bbl 4.02 in
    Weight 1.31 lbs

Is there a different model/version of the P07?

I have been in the market for a hammer fired DA/SA that is G19 sized or smaller and the only thing I have found is HK P2000, HK USPc or a Beretta PX4 Compact. None of them tickled by purchase bone when I played with them.

If this is a misprint on the CZ website, or I looked at the wrong model, please let me know. I would really be interested in looking at one but since they are fairly rare around here, I would probably have to order one.
    I was just referring to the barrel length on the P07 as being shorter.

C4

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP01 View Post
    A.jpgA1.jpgA2.jpg I never said "smaller" and I didn't say "exactly" but they are nearly identical for carry...so much so that many of my holsters will take both and my X300 with tape switch for a Glock fits both with near perfect fit on the P07/09. I physically look at and extensively shoot guns before I comment since numbers can be deceiving when they are that close. If you want a smaller gun I'd recommend an M&PC. They are between a G26 and a G19 and mine with stock barrel can hit a 1/4 size IPSC at 50 all day long. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAPDer_IWi4 Put an Apex hard sear and an Apex striker disconnect plunger and spring in it and you'll have a great carry trigger with a full power striker spring. Mine has Dawson Charger tritium sights but I am starting to go to fiber optic for everything...a different thread son to come.
    I didn't say you did. I was quoting Grant who said it was smaller but was apparently referring to the barrel length.

Thanks very much for the side by side pics.

Looks like a bunch of the extra length is the beaver tail. The slide actually looks to be shorter.

Is the thicker portion mostly levers or is the actual slide that much thicker on the CZ? I can't tell real well in the pic from the shadows.

I have tried the M&P9c before but I was really looking for a DA/SA with a hammer.

Thanks again for the pictures. It looks close enough to see if I can at least find one to try out.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast