Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MP01 View Post
    The bore axis is about 3/16" higher based on back-strap/bore axis dimensions but the addition of a hammer adds to the force holding the slide locked longer. Striker fired guns tend to unlock faster. For that very reason my LW 1911 CCO in 9mm shoots softer than my G19,17 or 35. Bore axis is critical when it is dramatic and on the same locking/mechanical system. I shoot both and the P-series guns shoot softer, especially the P09. There is absolutely no way not to notice when you shoot them side by side. That said my P09 shoots softer than my SP01 as well.
    MP01:
    Thank you for the very thorough explanation. My comment about the bore axis being higher than glocks was sarcasm , people always bring that up.

Seriously, if your 09 has softer recoil than the SP01, that's very soft. It makes me want to track one down and try it. I really like the lack of muzzle flip on my CZ75.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Curse you all. Just ordered an 09. I've been on the fence wanting to try something other than Glock. I've put considerable time with them and just needed to know if it may just not be the best pistol for me...whatever that means. Wish my Browning Buckmark came in 9mm. Ill report back-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    The slide is shorter and the beavertail is what gives it the longer OAL data on the chart. The slide and frame are thicker but as a carry gun and from someone that carries it all the time, the difference between the P07 and the G19 is functionally "zero" other than I get the DA/SA which I highly prefer for an EDC carry gun and the magazines are 16 vs. 15 rd. flush fit and metal so they damn near jump out of the gun. The G19 actually adds almost 1/4" in height when a magazine is inserted because the base of the grip is flat vs. the rear step on the P07.
    The P07 pictured has CZ Custom (CZC) fiber optic front and metal rear, an action job done by Eric Zinn at CZC which includes a reduced weight hammer spring and extended firing pin. It has had 100% positive ignition with everything but Wolf/Barnaul steel case 9mm and that has sub-machinegun rated primers that were originally spec'd in WW2 for open bolt guns. With wolf and without changing the hammer spring I still get 80+% positive ignition. That said I only get in the 90+% range with my G19 and full power striker spring.

Feedback Score
    You will be surprised at how well it tracks shot-to-shot...I sure was!!!!

Feedback Score
    Reliability, durability, safety, shootability, accuracy, capacity and cost are outstanding...other than that it sucks

http://www.defensereview.com/cz-p-07...y-knows-about/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8o_ZKy0Ykk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW8jgB3dECg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNfA2PQFAo4

Feedback Score
    over 17,000 on the original 07 I have and haven't even replaced a trigger return spring yet...and I dry fire D/A every single day at least 10 minutes. That gun is at Robar now getting gussied up...pics to follow in a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    For people curious about size compared to a G19 I snapped a few pics next to my G19.

Here the guns are moved rearward as far as possible. The P07's beavertail is of course the furthest back part. On the G19 the back of the grip touches first. Note that with the mags in place the G19 and P07 are basically identical in overall height. Also you can see here the overall length of the P07 is only a tiny amount longer than the G19.

IMG_0398.JPG

Here's a view of the muzzle end with the guns equally rearward against something. The P07 is really just barely longer.

IMG_0399.JPG

And a shot from above where you can compare thickness. Note also that the P07 has a slimmer grip than the Glock.

IMG_0400.JPG

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I love everything CZ makes but I'm just to old to change.
    "I show my Colt to my friends,and my Glock to my enemies "

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    How easy is it to get holsters for this gun?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    How easy is it to get holsters for this gun?
    Raven makes some.

http://raven-concealment-systems.myb...dular-holster/

C4

Page 3 of 87 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast