Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ P-07

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Yes I am sure, unless he put the wrong spring in the kit. The "yellow" I have is indeed lighter than the OEM Hammer Spring. Like I said, it looks yellow to me, rather than gold, but it could just be my poor ability to distinguish certain colors. I also cannot find any 18# hammer springs on his webpage. IIRC the 18# is the stock OEM hammer weight, but I could be wrong.
    I'm not sure what weight the OE spring is, but just for clarity here's a picture with CGW's yellow spring on the bottom and the gold spring on top.

WP_20140520_15_40_37_Pro.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Interesting stuff. I tested my P01 with CGW reduced reset, long FP and 13 lbs blue mainspring last week in regards to ignition reliability. I bought Fed, Win, CCI ammo and had no light strikes. Same with Freedom reloads. I then got ambitious and bought Brown Bear. No light strikes. Pretty low round count, but so far reassuring.
    The P07/09 guns seem to be more sensitive to the spring due to some dimension variances in the slide (that's my understanding at least) the other "traditional" guns seem to run fine with lower mainspring rates. I've got a P02 (it's got the new Omega trigger but it uses the traditional slide) and it'll reliably fire hardened AR primers in SA mode with just CGW's blue spring as an example. Firing them in DA mode is hit/miss but it sure hits the primers harder than either my P07 or P09 if I have the blue spring in either of them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Interesting stuff. I tested my P01 with CGW reduced reset, long FP and 13 lbs blue mainspring last week in regards to ignition reliability. I bought Fed, Win, CCI ammo and had no light strikes. Same with Freedom reloads. I then got ambitious and bought Brown Bear. No light strikes. Pretty low round count, but so far reassuring.
    Are you running the factory P01 hammer or the CZ custom competition hammer? The CZ custom hammer had the hammer pin hole relocated to increase hammer inertia. My Shadows are also A OK with almost all factory ammo and 11.5 lb springs.

The 11.5lb springs barely ran in the P09.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Your not alone. I haven't had any light hits with UMC and Magtech on the blue spring. Pannone has run into light hits with Wolf ammo, but thats it.

I have some 124gr NATO Winchester and S&B (made for LE contracts) that I will check with this spring. MY guess is that it will run just fine.

C4

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I switched out my blue hammer spring today for the gold hammer spring. If I end up with a second P07 or a P09 I may try the blue spring out for experimentation, but I'm planning on this being a carry gun so if CGW says that I should use the Gold Spring for that I'll take them at their word. The pull is a bit heavier than the blue spring (not a lot), but that's not necessarily bad. DA is still smooth and lighter than the factory hammer spring, and I actually prefer the SA pull weight with the 15# spring vs 13#.

I ran 100 rounds through my P07 today with the 15# hammer spring, reduced power firing pin spring and extending firing pin. Forget the price point, this gun is a very impressive gun period, let alone when you consider what it cost vs a Sig, HK, or even Glock. I want to get some more rounds down range before I put it in a holster and strap it to my belt, but I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post

It is fascinating to me that I can basically make the DA and SA pull the same weight by matching up spring combos along with tuning and polishing.

So if you can get them even, you got a Glock with a long takeup and Vanek connector? Or P30 LEM V1 without first shot hitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Are you running the factory P01 hammer or the CZ custom competition hammer? The CZ custom hammer had the hammer pin hole relocated to increase hammer inertia. My Shadows are also A OK with almost all factory ammo and 11.5 lb springs.

The 11.5lb springs barely ran in the P09.
    Yep, it is a CZC race hammer that David had to machine to work with his short reset parts. With 13 lbs mainspring, standard trigger return and firing pin springs it was popping those Russian primers with 6.5/2.5 pull weights. I had to get creative to raise the pull weight so I can carry the damn thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Also, Dawson uses monkey metal for their sights. So far, we have had two guns with properly press fit, loctited and secured front sights eject said sights across the range.
    Did you remember to tighten down the screw?

How are they "monkey metal"? They're quite proven sights (albeit for Glocks).
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Did you remember to tighten down the screw?

How are they "monkey metal"? They're quite proven sights (albeit for Glocks).
    Yes, i tightened the screw.

The grade of steel they use is VERY soft. I know Dawson is "proven" ive installed hundreds of their sights and they are decidedly softer than say a Warren or 10-8 sight. Glock front sights are also not press fit into a dovetail.
    Last edited by Magsz; 05-20-14 at 22:06.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    My P-07 has gone 1300+ rounds, no lube, no cleaning including the mags. 1 stoppage during a drill. Charge weapon and remove magazine. Fire DA first shot with follow up dry fire. 1 case got stuck. I do this drill every practice session.
    The pistol is unmodified with the exception of the CZ night sights. Trigger is heavy but relatively short for a DA pull. I find the SA pull light. Overall very manageable.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Question:

David's site, to the best of my knowledge, no longer mentions a yellow hammer spring. When I purchased my kit the website format outlined the yellow hammer spring as being rated at 15 lbs. Davids website now only refers to a gold colored "self defense" hammer spring.

Someone else in this thread mentioned that the Gold hammer spring was rated between the yellow and the factory hammer spring. Does anyone have clarification on this? I figure I could go direct to David but someone here may have already done so.

As an aside, David lists a 15 lb yellow hammer spring for the non omega guns...

Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast